Can anyone recommend a 2000w @ 1 ohm amp please?

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Been running my two type R's on 500 watts each for a while now and i want more power

tbh i wasnt satisfied with how my one R sounded on 700 watts and im not really satisfied with my 2 @ 500 each. cant remember the specs of my box but i think its around 3.5 cubes and 34-36hz.

Im also not sure if my power system is just too poor to actually give me the 1000 watts total but im sure my subs should be louder, so ill be getting a big battery and 0 awg cable with the amp upgrade.

Probably looking to buy 2nd hand

Thanks for any suggestions!

Vfl 150.1 would be good for you. Budget ?
Hard to say budget to be honest, our prices (UK) are quite different to US

e.g a Type R for US = $139, but i would have to pay the equivalent of $224.503 for one

Hoping to spend £250 - £350 ($400 - $550)

like i say im hoping to find used

Just looked up hifonix Brutus as i remember a 2000.1 amp from them, would that be a good choice if i can get my hands on one?

The Vfl 150.1 isnt available here by the looks of things, im even struggling to find 0 gauge OFC

e.g a Type R for US = $139, but i would have to pay the equivalent of $224.503 for one

Just looked up hifonix Brutus as i remember a 2000.1 amp from them, would that be a good choice if i can get my hands on one?

The Vfl 150.1 isnt available here by the looks of things, im even struggling to find 0 gauge OFC
try 2/0 or 3/0 or 4/0 welding wire, its more accessible and its pure copper overseas

The brutus is power hungry and the 2000.1 version is not a true 2000, its overrated and does very little power if you dont have the electrical current to feed it.

Get the brutus elite BRE2500.1 version of hifonics if you want closer to a proper 2k. You'll need a group 31 agm battery in the back next to the amp. Along with the Big 3 upgrade.

try 2/0 or 3/0 or 4/0 welding wire, its more accessible and its pure copper overseas
The brutus is power hungry and the 2000.1 version is not a true 2000, its overrated and does very little power if you dont have the electrical current to feed it.

Get the brutus elite BRE2500.1 version of hifonics if you want closer to a proper 2k. You'll need a group 31 agm battery in the back next to the amp. Along with the Big 3 upgrade.
ill look into the welding wire, thanks

that ***** about the brutus, il probably look for a different brand

Also not sure on the group 31, i was planning on getting this

XS Power XE12-40

is there any way you can tell if that would be sufficient? it says good for up to 2000 watts

Also, i currently have the Kicker EX1000.1, which is 1000 watts at 1 ohm. It came with a cert sheet stating it clocked a little over that in testing, but either i just expected too much from it or i dont think its actually capable of that.

Running 1000 watts and it just isnt that loud

However, there is a Kicker EX 2000.1, 2000 watts at 1 ohm, so if i struggle with choice i can try that i guess.

The amp is here. I sold it a while back new. Now he's going a different direction he wants $500 for it. It's 1 month old. But shipping might be a bit to you. As far as wire. I got that

The amp is here. I sold it a while back new. Now he's going a different direction he wants $500 for it. It's 1 month old. But shipping might be a bit to you. As far as wire. I got that

The amp is here. I sold it a while back new. Now he's going a different direction he wants $500 for it. It's 1 month old. But shipping might be a bit to you. As far as wire. I got that Just looked up hifonix Brutus as i remember a 2000.1 amp from them, would that be a good choice if i can get my hands on one?
about to go to bed but i will look up that amp properly tomorow and let you know if im interested, im sure shipping would be a lot and i think taxes will raise the price more?

Btw, my current Kicker amp is capable of strapping, could i just get another one and wire them together for 2000 @ 1 ohm? needs to be 1 ohm as my 2 12's are dual 4 ohms

amp specs

1000 @ 1 ohm

700 @ 2 ohm

500 @ 4 ohm

about to go to bed but i will look up that amp properly tomorow and let you know if im interested, im sure shipping would be a lot and i think taxes will raise the price more?

Btw, my current Kicker amp is capable of strapping, could i just get another one and wire them together for 2000 @ 1 ohm? needs to be 1 ohm as my 2 12's are dual 4 ohms

amp specs

1000 @ 1 ohm

700 @ 2 ohm

500 @ 4 ohm
Nope. The kicker amps. Won't strap at 1 ohm safely

amp specs

1000 @ 1 ohm

700 @ 2 ohm

500 @ 4 ohm
if you strap them together, their lowest impedance is 2 ohms, cannot be 1 ohms.

Was your box a premade box or was it custom built locally?

Nope. The kicker amps. Won't strap at 1 ohm safely

if you strap them together, their lowest impedance is 2 ohms, cannot be 1 ohms.
annoys me that i didnt take my time to figure this out and go for the 2 ohm version of the subs

or can i do that, wire each sub at 2 ohm, and then just stuff them into the two terminals on the amp? or would that end up with a 1 ohm?

Was your box a premade box or was it custom built locally?
Box was built by myself, i probably have a thread on here but i think the pics are gone

i think 3.5 cubes 34hz aero port

brx2400 will do 2000 at 1 ohm with a decent electrical
will check it out

yeah you have to wire to .5 ohm nominally because after box rise, it does a lot less. Trust me, 14.4 volt electrical and the amp feels weak compared to a soundqubed 2200.1
just checked out the SoundQubed, only saw it was once listed available to UK on ebay for around $590 inc import charges and delivery, which if recommended i would get that. i will keep a tab open incase they sell it again

yeah you have to wire to .5 ohm nominally because after box rise, it does a lot less. Trust me, 14.4 volt electrical and the amp feels weak compared to a soundqubed 2200.1
I literally just went from a BRX2400 to a AQ2000 and the BRX doesn't feel that much weaker IMO.

I literally just went from a BRX2400 to a AQ2000 and the BRX doesn't feel that much weaker IMO.
Uhh...that doesn't seem right. The aq is a aq2200 and does more than 2200 all day and def will whoop up on a hifonics 2400.1. Op also another suggestion is an Ampere aa2000.1, I have one running right now in my setup and it's a ****** amp. Def a tank and does more than rated. And is within your price range.

There was a noticeable difference when i did a direct swap on mines. Went back and forth a few times and the sq2200.1 had an audible difference mainly on the low lows.

Another thing is the power from hifonics is not so clean and trace amounts of distortion can fool your ears making it sound like the bass is louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.