Can anyone recommend a 2000w @ 1 ohm amp please?

I have an incriminator audio 20.1 v2 if you're interested.
i like the look of that

not sure again on the import tax and delivery charges would be to the UK

So far from this country ive came up with this

XS Power XE12-40 - battery

Kicker EX2000.1 - amp

and possibly just have to go with some CCA 1/0 due to the lack of decent wire i can get hold of, will look into welding wire still

i guess people just arent as into Car audio over here

Look into the welding wire it's super hot people are all over it trying to save cash and are super happy with it for performance. I agree that you need at least 2k for those speakers to be performing. If you can get ahold of any AQ/SQ 2200's go for it they are highly recommended by people running them. I got lucky and got mine on Black Firday :

i like the look of thatnot sure again on the import tax and delivery charges would be to the UK

So far from this country ive came up with this

XS Power XE12-40 - battery

Kicker EX2000.1 - amp

and possibly just have to go with some CCA 1/0 due to the lack of decent wire i can get hold of, will look into welding wire still

i guess people just arent as into Car audio over here
If u want to pm me your mailing info I could get a shipping quote for you

Look into the welding wire it's super hot people are all over it trying to save cash and are super happy with it for performance. I agree that you need at least 2k for those speakers to be performing. If you can get ahold of any AQ/SQ 2200's go for it they are highly recommended by people running them. I got lucky and got mine on Black Firday :
was just about to say, after all this money going from 1k to 2k, would i see gains that justify the price? i mean doubling the power but the cost of an amp, battery, wire, none of which is cheap.. I also hope to have a new car soon which will allow me to have a 5 cubes box, but this will be a while after the upgrade to 2k. Or if im just patient enough i might get a new car first so i can see how the two R's perform in a 2.5 cubes each, and then save up for more power.

My set up

2 of the newer type R's dual 4 ohm - Box tuned to 34hz, i think 3.5 - 3.7 cubes after displacement of 6" aero port and subs (i really cant remember exactly, i built it in April)

Kicker EX1000.1 amp powering subs at 1k 1 ohm

Alpine MRP F600 5 channel

Alpine SPR-60c comps @ 100 watts (was planning to add another pair near kick panels to make use of the extra channels on my amp)

8 awg 5 channel

4 awg Mono I purchased cable long ago, i have a feeling they could be CCA, but im not sure, i think the 4 awg wire is actually silver not copper coloured.

Alpine CDA 117

Standard battery

100-140 amp alt

Edit:

If my wire is not copper colour, does that mean its CCA?

(An old post of mine)

I just checked my voltages, when the car is running with no lights/heaters/soundsystem i got a reading of 14.09v

When i bumped my sound system up to max volume playing one of the loudest songs i got a lowest reading of 13.20v.

Look into Taramps/Stetsom/Soundigital . Brazilian amps are tiny enough that you can probably save a bundle on shipping.

I know Skar has a good price on closeout amps right now but shipping + taxes might put you beyond your budget.

was just about to say, after all this money going from 1k to 2k, would i see gains that justify the price?

Assuming you have a head unit with 0-30 or 0-35 numbers you will get roughly 2 more clicks on the volume knob worth of extra output.

Welcome to the laws of physics and the diminishing returns in audio upgrades.

Assuming you have a head unit with 0-30 or 0-35 numbers you will get roughly 2 more clicks on the volume knob worth of extra output.
Welcome to the laws of physics and the diminishing returns in audio upgrades.
wait wot?

so say i have my max volume set at 27 out of 35

going from 25-27 on my current set up id be getting a boost similar to that? (current head unit is 0-35)

for like $1000 in upgrades, lol

if thats the case i will definitely not bother, i will still however look into upgrading my battery and wiring (if anyone can confirm copper wire will be copper coloured and silvery wire is 100% CCA

Sound Sream TA1 1000 is a decent budget amp IMHO.... im currently running my (2) 12' Type R's on a Hifonics BRX 2000.1 and that amp satifies me.....

If you are planning on getting a new car I would just wait. Basically if you're going to run 2k rms you're gonna need a new alt and a new power wire and a new amp so why not wait to see what's up with a vehicle. I'd say running 500 rms if you are lucky to each speaker is the issue. You are looking at almost $1k US dollars to upgrade if your lucky and that's doing it all yourself.

I'm sure you have a digital designs, ground zero, B2, Gladian dealer near by.
I know i can get hold of b2 and GZ

however b2 seems to be very top end stuff, at least the price would say so

Gladian i recognise but google search didnt show up anything

Just checked that site, it says we deliver to UK, will look more into that tomorrow, thanks

If you are planning on getting a new car I would just wait. Basically if you're going to run 2k rms you're gonna need a new alt and a new power wire and a new amp so why not wait to see what's up with a vehicle. I'd say running 500 rms if you are lucky to each speaker is the issue. You are looking at almost $1k US dollars to upgrade if your lucky and that's doing it all yourself.
I thought getting one of those batteries would mean i wouldnt need a new alt? it states that its good for 2k rms

I know i can get hold of b2 and GZhowever b2 seems to be very top end stuff, at least the price would say so

Gladian i recognise but google search didnt show up anything

Just checked that site, it says we deliver to UK, will look more into that tomorrow, thanks

I thought getting one of those batteries would mean i wouldnt need a new alt? it states that its good for 2k rms
Batteries don't make power only store it. They only help if you are already at 12v. Look for DD. They have a few new entry level lines. Their entry level is top shelf kicker

Yeah I agree with the above usually 2K or more it helps to have a 2nd battery. Too bad your on the other side of the ocean was a guy selling good ones here for 110. Still if you're goin to do anything your going to have to add a 0 power wire. If your getting a new car it's a waste to add new wire to the old car. Nail down what you're going to do then decide.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.