Can anyone help me find a good grounding spot?

When in doubt run ground back up to battery for best possible ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at 12.9v when car is off (after terminal discharge) 14.9 when running. Try and hit these numbers. I'v also just installed the big 3 aswell so these numbers are being helped. Between 14.2 and 14.9 at full volume without distortion. But this is just a guild target for you to try and hit.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

When in doubt run ground back up to battery for best possible ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hi jacking thread.. i just tested my voltage at amp over 12.6 just batt., over 14.6v at amp at idle.. i only have old small 4ga wire no big 3 is it normal to be that good or u think my cheap volt meter just reads to high?, also if it is that good think i could run at 1 ohm without big3?

hi jacking thread.. i just tested my voltage at amp over 12.6 just batt., over 14.6v at amp at idle.. i only have old small 4ga wire no big 3 is it normal to be that good or u think my cheap volt meter just reads to high?, also if it is that good think i could run at 1 ohm without big3?
i have no idea what you're saying, be more clear about what voltage you're getting under what condition and ill give you a recommendation

if you're over 1kw rms you need the big 3, possibly 0 gauge wiring, period

i have no idea what you're saying, be more clear about what voltage you're getting under what condition and ill give you a recommendation
if you're over 1kw rms you need the big 3, possibly 0 gauge wiring, period
oh crap i meant to say bassin' hard on loudest deepest rebassed track i ever play i had over 14.6v at amp at idle.. i'm sure it'll drop 1v a while driving and supercharger kicks in and the abs brake and power steering and all.. yeah it would be about 1100rm @1 ohm, i know i need all that just don't wanta do big 3, battery in a difficult place

Thought ground should be like 3 feet max? If it did this would I have a distribution block from both amps then run back to battery ground?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

oh crap i meant to say bassin' hard on loudest deepest rebassed track i ever play i had over 14.6v at amp at idle.. i'm sure it'll drop 1v a while driving and supercharger kicks in and the abs brake and power steering and all.. yeah it would be about 1100rm @1 ohm, i know i need all that just don't wanta do big 3, battery in a difficult place
over 14.6 at idle at the amplifier terminals? or at the alternator? seems high but it could be. i figured youd drop a volt or two

over 14.6 at idle at the amplifier terminals? or at the alternator? seems high but it could be. i figured youd drop a volt or two
at amp thats what i'm saying.. i think mine drops when i drive cause s charger takes some power to spin and brakes etc. i have agm batt but still on small wire sounds 1v to high.. i may borrow a meter and test it with another one., have to get wife to drive car while i'm in back seat to test it on road and we never go anywhere together..

Thought ground should be like 3 feet max? If it did this would I have a distribution block from both amps then run back to battery ground?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Less resistance in copper wire than a steel car frame so its a better ground. In fact best ground is stright to alt case and a lot of HO alts have lugs on the cases to run your ground too - Mike Singer told me on average its good for 30 more amps than grounding through the frame. I have two of my 270 alts grounded to the frame and added ground studs to them while I have them out doing repairs since I killed them and going to run 0 gauge from neg battery buss bars straight to alts and see if I get any more amperage.

Last edited by a moderator:
never use self tapping bolts. its illegal in practice actually.
Metra Online

PZGBOLT.jpg

Metra Online

They loosen under vibration.https://jadelearning.com/jadecc/courses/UNIVERSAL/NEC05.php?imDif=2191.0

After 15 years of electrical I'm pretty much a master electrician even though I don't have my Master's license which is basically a journeyman's license which I do have an $10,000 in the bank and another testing on the business Theory section which is total ********.

I highly recommend drill and tap and use some type of locking washer.
Of course, always use a locking washer with a bolt. The kit which the bolts come from is Positiv Ground, which I can no longer find online except on Metra's site. Looks like they dominate this distribution and rebranded it.

PZGGRKT_web.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.