Can anyone help me find a good grounding spot?

A AGM battery should never rest below 12.5v. At like 12.4v it's only at 50% of its ability.. there's charts on the internet if u google it.. if your at 9v that battery is most likely toast. You might be able to bring it back but chances are it's weak
I agree

I Dnt think this applies to all AGM, I woke up 2 days ago to a flat AGM (4v) (120AH)Jump started with my other car, all good, but I was puzzled as to what the hell made it go so **** low because I unlocked my car, if the battery was at that voltage when I unlocked via remote it would not have unlocked at all, so my guess is that it was 12v b4 I unlocked it. But yeah I Dnt think all are the same.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I Dnt think this applies to all AGM, I woke up 2 days ago to a flat AGM (4v) (120AH)Jump started with my other car, all good, but I was puzzled as to what the hell made it go so **** low because I unlocked my car, if the battery was at that voltage when I unlocked via remote it would not have unlocked at all, so my guess is that it was 12v b4 I unlocked it. But yeah I Dnt think all are the same.

Have it load tested and I bet it test lows or fails

Also that battery is under 1 year old, I'v purchased a conductance tester. Also on that morning it was **** cold, I Dnt know about - degrees, but my windscreen was frozen an that where I live is a very rare sight.
fb9982a82b6670409e0b4a8dd4dbea81.jpg

You don't need to be an electrician to load test a battery. Even a dummy can do it. But....it takes several hours if I remember correctly. Once a certain voltage drops below it's normal rating, that battery is no longer good. Consider it dead, if it gets to that point. Something, a plate or whatever, inside has failed, thus not reaching it's normal voltage rating.

you can find out if your wiring is bad by checking the voltage at the alternator and battery outputs (i.e. pos/neg probes on alternator positive and case, or battery pos/neg posts) and if they're higher than voltages at your amp inputs your wiring is no good. if theyre the same your wiring is fine, and you have an issue supplying the power as in bad alt or bad battery

think about it logically

in the first set of pics, all i see is good places for a ground. Scrape the paint. get a good crimp on a copper o ring and use a self tapping sheetmetal screw. done.
God no. I just removed one and the paint was barely scraped. No wonder I was getting sub thump every time I turned the vehicle over. The more proper way is a bolt/nut combo. Self tappers don't last as long, rust, and can come easily undone over time.

God no. I just removed one and the paint was barely scraped. No wonder I was getting sub thump every time I turned the vehicle over. The more proper way is a bolt/nut combo. Self tappers don't last as long, rust, and can come easily undone over time.
how do you use a nut though if you find a ground? do you go under your car and find where your bolt is?

how do you use a nut though if you find a ground? do you go under your car and find where your bolt is?
Correct. This is a ground I just recently made....in my ext cab s10. Be cautious tho, you don't hit anything if you do go that route, i.e. fuel lines, brake lines, any moving parts, etc.

DijMr5c.jpg

The but/bolt combo is the best way. Even better is to run the bolt up from the bottom and weld it in place. I guess I should have suggested both in light of me not being sure how much effort this guy is willing to put into making his ground solid as can be

12.75 when the car is off is this a good sign?
324e21b86c8fb2ea36461d0bcf033bf1.jpg
1258c2dc9bea1108ba770dd5a2e62f03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
looks like you have the nut/bolt combo, this should be as solid as youll ever need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif that is unless you go crazy loud and do like 7000 watts or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like you have the nut/bolt combo, this should be as solid as youll ever need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif that is unless you go crazy loud and do like 7000 watts or something like that
Actually I used a bolt and 2 washers on top of the 2 0 gauge ground wires and getting that 12.7 volts when the car is off. I can't seem to find the end of the bolt underneath the car like the bolt is where another panel of metal is or something.. So I really though ground wouldn't have a voltage but thought it would be like a dead end 0 volts because I thought ground is suppose to read 0 not as much as the power.. I was going to get a second battery bit heard it's bad to put another battery with a stick alt like it will now take more power or something is this true ?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.