Can anyone help me find a good grounding spot?

Self tapping screws are not a good ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Say what??? I thought that's how all the pros do it:rotflol:

20b26ar.png

The rca and speaker wire is in the right place right?
f12a5959e1cadb69d158c5987b8c8fd7.jpg
b95d95f6fcfbe63f3b96683fcab7dad7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yes sir. However I'd get some heat shrink or electrical tape and do something with that exposed power wire going into the amp. If anything conductive touches that.......you're going to wish you would've. Exposed wire=fire. Or at least sparks or a popped amp.

Btw I'm playing music and it's not shutting off or anything but I did check the dmm for the amp and when around 22 out of 40 volume it does dip to 12.4v from 13. Does this mean I have to lower gains even more?

I very well could be wrong but mid to high 12s i think are ok. Wait for the big guns to chime in. But shouldn't you be at 14.8ish running bkt 13? And if u eve need another cab I have one I'm looking to get rid of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I very well could be wrong but mid to high 12s i think are ok. Wait for the big guns to chime in. But shouldn't you be at 14.8ish running bkt 13? And if u eve need another cab I have one I'm looking to get rid of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
what voltage do i start clipping at?

if i start clipping higher volume does that mean i just lower gains until i can fully use volume 40 max volume or at least 36ish?

if i get another battery for the rear does that mean i can raise gains because better voltage?

is it true that when you reach clipping its because of voltage etc?

i would love another cab but then again i wanna get another amp and shipping to hawaii is hefty unless you can find out how much it would be plus shipping here

Yes sir. However I'd get some heat shrink or electrical tape and do something with that exposed power wire going into the amp. If anything conductive touches that.......you're going to wish you would've. Exposed wire=fire. Or at least sparks or a popped amp.
Dam...beat me to it. If you or anybody looks at the Ground close enough, it looks like it's angled? The P,R,&P input block...? Or is it just the pic making it seem so?

Dam...beat me to it. If you or anybody looks at the Ground close enough, it looks like it's angled? The P,R,&P input block...? Or is it just the pic making it seem so?
whats PR&P block?

so i can just shrinkwrap the ground jacket and power jacket along with the expose wire? i was thinking of doing it but thought it would melt or something ill get to wrapping later today.

btw the cab1600 claims 1600rms @14v so im assuming me being at 13v dipping at 12.5 is like maybe 1200rms im in?

I usually do 2 runs from the battery. Neg and pos. That eliminates this issue and seems to work better in the long run. Also after doing two runs you can connect a second battery in the back. At the battery you can use the posts as a distro for going to an amp

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You know you guys were right? I put 300rms to my 600rms* (yeah right!) Pyles (orginally at 150 bridged) and OMG they hit hard as a mfer for about a minute... Then my box did a stinky dang smoke show.... For as bugged as I was the other day y'all were right about them doing maybe half what they were rms rated at... They still work but produce a horrid smell when playing. All hail hieniken* and blowing junk *** subs...

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I usually do 2 runs from the battery. Neg and pos. That eliminates this issue and seems to work better in the long run. Also after doing two runs you can connect a second battery in the back. At the battery you can use the posts as a distro for going to an amp
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
1 positive 0 guage and 1 negative? so i can use a distro for both my positves for my amp and negative?

the cab1600 takes a good amount of current, if your car is not ideal for running chassis ground id run dedicated grounds.

did you read my post about checking voltages? a lot of us dont like helping if you dont do some testing yourself
If my battery tests at 13.7 volts and on random days my amps run the same and drop accordingly but some days like today and yesterday it's at 9.7 volts and I'm assuming it's going into protect because it's not getting sufficient power is this true?
30486a2af4d65781a9b050c6c60c05ee.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.