Calling all Virginians need help

Safe-N-Sound215
10+ year member

Kenzo
Philly/VA
So I moved here a while back, and I'm getting my windows tinted on tuesday. The current law is 50% on the fronts and 35 percent on the rears and back window. My question is how strict are when enforcing that law. I don't want anything lighter then 20% all around, but on the other hand I don't want to be messed with all the time because of it. And also would it cause it to fail inspection/do they even check it? They do have a medical exception, but that only allows 20% on the rears and 35% on the fronts. Anyone with experience in the situation or knows someone who has let me know.

Thanks;)

And another question, should I go with the suntek hp or carbon line? Suntek is pretty much all the people around here sell. I would do it myself, but I don't have the time/patience anymore.

It really depends on what area you're in as to how the local cops are about tint. As for the Virginia State Police, most are Nazis about everything. I went to college in VA. The only two tickets I've ever gotten were both by VSP. One for 7mph over and another for 9mph over. Ridiculous.

not sure about northern va, but down here in hampton roads they dont really care. my bro had limo tint up front and double limo tint on the rears and he never got pulled over. but when he went to get it inspected, thats another story lol. shouldn't be a problem if you know somebody with an inspection license though.

not sure about northern va,

shouldn't be a problem if you know somebody with an inspection license though.

It's actually in the valley area, about 1 1/2 hrs. slighty southwest of richmond

And thats the problem I don't know anyone who could hook me up:crap:

But do you think 20% would be a big deal to them. It's light for me. All of my previous car back in philly were 5% all the way around

bump before I get out of here,

I know I've seen people on here from Virginia, and I know some of you have to have your windows tinted, and most likely it isn't legal so could ya help me out:cool: . Just looking to see how strict the police/inspections stations are

It really depends on what area you're in as to how the local cops are about tint. As for the Virginia State Police, most are Nazis about everything. I went to college in VA. The only two tickets I've ever gotten were both by VSP. One for 7mph over and another for 9mph over. Ridiculous.
It isn't the "Communist-wealth" for no reason...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

when i was living in Va Beach during the mid 90's every decent shop was quite strict about conforming to the law, it wasn't until i would say i was in the military with my car registered out of state (which was legal then, not now from what i hear) that they would talk about anything over the state limit. and just to go over what everyone said. . .their state cops are quite quite strict

ETA: one thing that was nice was at the time good shops were everywhere, so there was good prices + the guys did good work

I live in charlottesville too....albemarle county cops arent lenient at all when it comes to window tint and other mods. Seeing a slammed civic with a bee hive for an exhaust pulled over is an every day occurrance here. A friend of mine was pulled over for his factory window tint too.

I see your location is philly too (which is weird because I go to school in philly and live in charlottesville), any kind of window tint has been made illegal in pennsylvania and the law applies to out of state drivers as well. Also, if your tint isnt legal, a lot of shops wont pass your car for inspection

It isn't the "Communist-wealth" for no reason...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
YA **** skippy . Some cops are arse holes about it some aren't . Over here in the sw part of VA they are arse holse about it most of the time as they have nothig better to do than to give somebody a stupid tint ticket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.