power locks/ windows

Participant count
  • Participant list
there are plenty of kits available that contain everything you need. I think the name of the company i used to use for windows was made by spal or something like that. and for doorlocks you can get actuators and switches just about anywhere

no the actuators are electric. you can pick em up from like a best buy or circuit city.

the switches i am refering to are if you want to have lock/unlock switches in the car. You will need these unless you are just wanting to get keyless entry.

yes you will need 2 relays. and as far as tools you just need some wire strippers, a drill to mount the actuator, and something like pliers to bend the rod it comes with the correct way. you will get power from either the battery or from the main ignition harness.

where do i put the relays
that depends on where you put the switches. because it will determine how many lines will need to be run in and out of the door. but most installs i out the relays under the dash cause there is also an alarm/keyless module going with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.