Cadence Amps?

BnG what would you recommend to power a set of morel maximos?
Pick up an old Xtant. For some reason those amps never held their value like the older PPI stuff did. In addition, the crossovers in those amps sound awesome...better than some active setups I've had. If you're looking for advice on a BNIB amp for under $100 that isn't junk...well...I'm not sure it exists.

Don't worry much about power figures. With cheaper amps those numbers mean nothing as everything can, and usually does, go to hell when you flip the crossovers on. Buy an O-scope if you don't believe me and experience the horror for yourself. If you think or expect a $98 Chinese-made amp with a Cadence sticker on it to both perform well and be durable you'll be in for a shock. When compared to the factory system in, say, an early 90's GM car stereo it will be an upgrade. When compared to a quality amp, sometimes costing 10x as much, it'll sound night & day different.

But since your budget is around $100 instead of $1000, I'd look for a killer old school amp that's somewhat forgotten/unloved instead. That's why I recommended Xtant as those things can be had dirt cheap. The only problem is certain models don't pop up for sale very often and the cases are usually quite scratched up. If you find a stainless steel cased Xtant, ScotchBrite pads & 20min of work will make that amp look like it left the factory the day before. The chrome ones? You're SOL.

BnG what would you recommend to power a set of morel maximos?
I wouldn't bother too much with his opinion, take it as a grain of salt. He has some good points, but especially in that first post, he's entirely wrong. Just keep in mind he tends to be extremely biased and is like an old man fighting change and clinging on to his distant past.

But for real, to say everything made in Korea or China is crap is ridiculous. OP cadence does make some nice budget equipment that will do what its intended to do. I have a xa125.2 that looks nice and I would not hesitate to run it. I'm going to use it in the wife's car.

I wouldn't bother too much with his opinion, take it as a grain of salt. He has some good points, but especially in that first post, he's entirely wrong. Just keep in mind he tends to be extremely biased and is like an old man fighting change and clinging on to his distant past.
Based on the equipment in your sig, you don't have any ground to stand on.

Based on the equipment in your sig, you don't have any ground to stand on.
No, I've never personally owned the Cadence amp, but I wouldn't think you have either. What I have done though is seen many positive reviews from users on this site, and others about most of their equipment in general. So rather than call it out as comparable to Pyle or Pyramid and calling it crap merely because it's made in China, I relayed those opinions and reviews in my honest response. Admit it or not, you have exceptionally biased and close-minded responses and opinions and I fear it may give off the wrong impression to a new member here. While what you say can be used constructively, I just want him to keep an open mind, and be aware of your bias.

Check out our facebook page, you will see a lot of people who have used those Xenith amps

in countless competitions w/ nothing but success.

Truth; Half of America is made over seas. Everything from extreme high-end to cheap, low end.

Cadence is somewhere in the middle. Our amps are built, tested and re-checked before sent out.

Our amps do its rated power, and then some. Just do some searches, you will read good things.

Cadence is somewhere in the middle. Our amps are built, tested and re-checked before sent out.
If your amps come from a build house; what value does the Cadence name give them over the other manu-packagers who source their products from the same factory?

The "Made in USA" argument I made was for used or vintage products. People here read what they want and if you step back and think about it, few people would buy used/vintage/old school Chinese amps b/c they simply do not exist...unless you're dumpster diving.

There is something to be said for the overbuilt amps of yore and I think you'll agree with me on that.

I'm glad i saw this thread...

I'm JUST installed a F100-5, and I must say, WOW. I wasn't really expecting the amp to be as efficient as it is, and I must say, it's EFFICIENT!!! Ran the thing for 30 mins straight, decently hard, fine tuning it, and it was pretty much cold to the touch. Im veryyyyy happy with my purchase and once again, cadence shows why they are just that good. I back cadence amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.