Cadence Acoustics Boston 5 Channel? Or other

Preolt

Hey Every one,

I am newer to car audio installations but have been reading as much information as possible and gleaning what I can. My set up currently looks like this

HU

Kenwood 471HD

Front speakers

Focal 165 A1 Components 6.5 in front (100W)

Sound Bar

Not sure on these probably some decent mids to cover the mid bass range? (100W)

Sub

Sundown D2 8" shallow mount, maybe I will add a second if I like the sound of this one enough (300-400W)

I have been looking at the Cadence Acoustic Boston 5 channel amp as well as some of FosgateRockfords 5 channel offerings. My budget is around 300$ I know that isn't much and I should not expect the highest clarity in the world but its what I have to work with. I should note though the only piece of equipment I have already purchased is my HU and 1 sub from sundown. Every thing else I have not purchased yet so if you think there are better options I am open for suggestions. From using the search feature I found 1 person who installed this cadence amp and he felt he was getting 30-40 W x 4 and barely 100 W x1, I have a hard time believing that this could possibly be accurate. But again that is why I am posting and asking.

Thanks

I run the Cadence United series and have yet to have a problem, or to have it clamp less than it's rated power. 135 Watts/channel. Very good clarity and it's been dependable for over 2 years. I have had a Fosgate 5 channel, and it's pretty much what you would think a Fosgate would be, great! The only Boston 5 channel I have ever owned was an old school version from years ago, and it was built like a tank and weighed about as much as one too, lol. I honestly don't believe you could go wrong with any of the choices you have decided on, so maybe the deciding factor will be a monetary one.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. The fosgate is about 80 bucks less, do you think it would have the juice I need to feed the system? Or should I play it safe and go with cadence.

Focal Access is definitely a good choice for Front speakers. But why not buy a good 4 channel amp for the front and rear sound-stage? I would also suggest to get a Focal components for the rear too. And then maybe a powerful enough mono channel amp for your sub.

What would you recommend for a 4 channel? The rockford fosgate P400 seems highly rated and at 150$ fairly priced.

I am thinking this might be a better option because my vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler that I take off roading occasionally and it would be nice to be able to pull the sub and mono amp so that I dont have any components close to the floor that could get wrecked by dirt/sand/water. Just a thought though. Do you guys think I could get a 4 channel for 150 and get a decent mono for around 150 also? or is that just too cheap to get clear power for sound from any amp? I am not a Bass head but I will be installing 2 sundown 8" d2 series in the next year. Any more advice? I am going to install the headunit tomorrow when I get home from work and throw some pics up then probably pull the trigger on the speakers and hopefully amp so I have it ready for the weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.