sb acoustics question

Participant count
  • Participant list
My favorite is the woven carbon and the paper cone. Both would be way better suited in a sealed enclosure compared to infinite baffle. Make sure you fully well deaden the doors to give them all the help possible for midbass output. You run the chance of the midbass performance being poor running them IB. The silver flutes do decently IB and are cheaper.

What ever works best

Don't really need the crossovers
Have the Dayton dsp408

Also the settings in the jvc z1000 has alot if adjustments.

I want to try a set of 6 inch woofers for my doors

What model of the SB acoustics should I go with. There are several types.

SB Acoustics SB17CRC35-4 Woven carbon fiber cone

SB Acoustics SB17CAC35-4 Ceramic

SB Acoustics SB17NBAC35-4 Aluminum cone

SB17NRX2C35-4 Paper Cone

SB Acoustics SB17MFC35-4 Poly Cone

what would you go with?

Hard to say without knowing the application - in particular what tweeter and intended x-over point.

Carbon and poly have the best control over break up at higher frequencies. The ceramic and aluminum push the break-up the farthest out. Carbon, aluminum and ceramic tend to sound more lively and aggressive than paper and poly cones, but both the aluminum and ceramic cones look to be pretty well damped. Poly and paper tend to sound warmer/fatter at the low end, so they do well/better with bass guitar IMHO. I suspect the aluminum, carbon and ceramic cones would all sound more accurate/detailed on the lower end, so snares/drums would sound a little more accurate/fast with those types of cones. As always there are exceptions to the rules. For my money, I'd probably go poly or paper. The Silver Flutes are a good option. In the ~$70 range the Dayton Reference paper or aluminum drivers are worth a look.

I see you have a DSP and I assume it has 36-48db crossovers, so the high frequency break up may not be an issue.

looking to just get better than the factory Toyota Tundra setup

2016 tundra
head unit. Jvc z1000
Sony xm gs4 amp 70x4

sony Xmas gs100. Sub amp. Going to use two Rockford fosgate p2 Eight inch subs. not much room for anything other than that behind the rear seat in a crewmax.

I have the Dayton DSP-408 if I need to use it

tweeters I have a pair of massive ct2 that I was going to start with. From what I understand on them they can play down to1500hz. But will probably cross them around 2000hz

I also have a set of silver flutes in the box but I was a little worried about possible water in the door and them getting wet.

I am hoping to get the sound I will be happy with without going to a 3 way setup.

I want to try a set of 6 inch woofers for my doors

What model of the SB acoustics should I go with. There are several types.

SB Acoustics SB17CRC35-4 Woven carbon fiber cone

SB Acoustics SB17CAC35-4 Ceramic

SB Acoustics SB17NBAC35-4 Aluminum cone

SB17NRX2C35-4 Paper Cone

SB Acoustics SB17MFC35-4 Poly Cone

what would you go with?

Have you looked at these?

Screenshot_20221021-215828_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...