sb acoustics question

Participant count
  • Participant list
looking to just get better than the factory Toyota Tundra setup

2016 tundra
head unit. Jvc z1000
Sony xm gs4 amp 70x4

sony Xmas gs100. Sub amp. Going to use two Rockford fosgate p2 Eight inch subs. not much room for anything other than that behind the rear seat in a crewmax.

I have the Dayton DSP-408 if I need to use it

tweeters I have a pair of massive ct2 that I was going to start with. From what I understand on them they can play down to1500hz. But will probably cross them around 2000hz

I also have a set of silver flutes in the box but I was a little worried about possible water in the door and them getting wet.

I am hoping to get the sound I will be happy with without going to a 3 way setup.

Massive doesn't provide much technical detail on the CT2, but looking at the response curve suggests an FS of ~1.4khz and the listed frequency (response?) also suggests an FS of 1.4khz, which means you should probably cross at no less than 2.5khz and probably closer to 3khz. That's pretty standard for most 28mm tweeters.

If you have the silver flutes, I'd use them. If you're worried about them getting wet, install them in a foam baffle and cut the lower half of the baffle off creating an "umbrella" for the speaker. I'd be more concerned about the water in the door, ruining the vehicle than the ruining the speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...