cabin gain?? *PICS*

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright well my enclosure takes up most of my trunk. There is about and inch of space between my enclosure and my trunk walls and about 1 or 2 inches on top. If I made a smaller enclosure or one that has more depth than width would the sound change at all?

Heres a couple pictures of my setup:

DSCN0114.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

My amps are in the behind my enclosure and I was thinking of mounting them to the back of the box and sliding it back for more airspace in the trunk. Am I just over thinking this or would any of these ideas actually improve anything?

pm me and I'll help you out. You are killing air flow into the cabin. I've tried that and many other enclosures in trunk cars, there are better designs. Bigger is not always better.

From the pics it looks like you have plenty of space in front of and around the box. What is wrong with the setup currently? Do you feel like it could be louder? Moving your box back (front of car) may change the sound a little. I always found that with a large trunk I was a little louder and sounded better when I pulled the box closer to the back of the car. Could have just been my T bird and Grand Prix though. Turning the box around and sealing around it is an option. It'll be louder and you'll have about half your trunk left.

you're possibly getting cancellation. BEfore I went IB, I had a hard time getting output even from a ported box.

Using HT as an example, if you put a sub in the middle of the room, you most likely will not get as much output as putting the box in a corner. reason is that, sound waves are bouncing off the walls and canceling each other when they meet back in the middle. w/ the box in the corner, the soundwaves would flow along the walls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.