Bye bye back seats....

IMG_1433_zpsq7ijcj9p.jpg

IMG_1434_zpsngjsur9f.jpg
I always stick a couple screws on the motor... gained like 2 dbeez.

Funny story back when I first got into subs and didn't know to Watchout for stuff clinging to my motor, I had a screw fall off into the box and I thought my sub was blown for like a week... then me and my bud were getting sideways in a parking lot during the rain and I heard it clicking around. Still didn't know how the hell it got in there for a good bit of time

I have a garage ready for a jeep for a couple hours on a monday whenever, if you are interested. I split my day at work and could add another hour or two to that if needed.And you are welcome, it was fun crawling in that box and breathing in all that mdf dust before the respirator was used lol.
The other catch right now is time. I still have much to do before the end of the year (including a move). I'll take you up on that if I free up a day somewhere.

Read the amp it clearly says shocker audio on the case. I'm on my phone and can see it.
My enjoyment of this forum increased dramatically after I put that mong on my ignore list.

Supposedly it is a Shocker 4kw but Jon said he has heard it is capable of muuuuch more, like 3-4x that, iirc? Dont quote me on exacts, but its alot more than rated.
Consider it's larger than most of the "12K" amps on the market right now. From what I know the magic happens below 1 ohm and at high voltage but I'm pretty sure it's no slouch below that. I definitely am not pushing my luck trying to get aggressive with it until I get some electrical upgrades done.

I always stick a couple screws on the motor... gained like 2 dbeez. Funny story back when I first got into subs and didn't know to Watchout for stuff clinging to my motor, I had a screw fall off into the box and I thought my sub was blown for like a week... then me and my bud were getting sideways in a parking lot during the rain and I heard it clicking around. Still didn't know how the hell it got in there for a good bit of time
I actually throw them at the motors on purpose when I unmount subs. Keeps them from getting lost in the driveway and where I can find them when I need to mount them again.

I actually throw them at the motors on purpose when I unmount subs. Keeps them from getting lost in the driveway and where I can find them when I need to mount them again.
I wish I had that much common sense... before I got a magnetic bowl I'd just lose them on the driveway. On my last set of tires my rear left had been corked 5 or 6 times... build looks good tho man. Might end up getting to that point in my sedan. Just debating on whether it's worth doing or if I should go for an SUV instead.

I wish I had that much common sense... before I got a magnetic bowl I'd just lose them on the driveway. On my last set of tires my rear left had been corked 5 or 6 times... build looks good tho man. Might end up getting to that point in my sedan. Just debating on whether it's worth doing or if I should go for an SUV instead.
Thanks, and yeah, wall is totally worth it..... provided you don't need more than 2 spots for passengers.

Troy and Ethan have a dyno and would probably be very interested in testing this. Where are the gut pics?
Pics here

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/629466-christmas-just-came-early-me.html

Dunno if I mentioned it but assuming no title issues come up I'll be moving up to Somerville in the next week or two so we'll practically be neighbors. Once I can get settled in and if I have some free time I'll definitely stop by and see those guys, preemptively getting an estimate on what it'll cost to repair if I break it.

Thanks, and yeah, wall is totally worth it..... provided you don't need more than 2 spots for passengers.

Pics here

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/629466-christmas-just-came-early-me.html

Dunno if I mentioned it but assuming no title issues come up I'll be moving up to Somerville in the next week or two so we'll practically be neighbors. Once I can get settled in and if I have some free time I'll definitely stop by and see those guys, preemptively getting an estimate on what it'll cost to repair if I break it.
Good idea on the repair costs. Ill show them the board and im sure they can figure it out.

Ill google somerville but my brain is off in the clouds right now and cant even place it on the map.

Pics here

I'd rather have numbers than friends //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif I suppose I could cop another 18 and try my luck half ohm again.... boy this is why my fiancé thinks me being on this website is a bad influence lol. If I can keep my money straight over my next two semesters you guys might see a first timers build log this summer.

And that amp looks tasty for what appears to be off brand? I have a dragon sound audio 3500.1d that pushed the hell out of my ZCON at half ohm over a SC summer and I never smelt anything. +1 for some $200 power

And that amp looks tasty for what appears to be off brand? I have a dragon sound audio 3500.1d that pushed the hell out of my ZCON at half ohm over a SC summer and I never smelt anything. +1 for some $200 power
That amp is legit, and I am curious if my two NS1'S will be able to keep up with it.

That amp is legit, and I am curious if my two NS1'S will be able to keep up with it.
I'd hope the pair of NS1s would give more power. They make legit rated power, hang with low impedance well enough and are strong with high voltage.

Off brand? Appears to be made by Zenon and I'm quite confident Mike did not opt to cheap out on the components to save a buck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.