Bye bye back seats....

I'd hope the pair of NS1s would give more power. They make legit rated power, hang with low impedance well enough and are strong with high voltage.
I may have to waste a PTO day either Thurs or Fri this week, I can't carry any over and my job gives us Xmas day after instead of us having to use time so I miscalculated. If so, and you still need a place with a garage, I may be good. The only thing to be concerned with is........ the possible Nor'Easter coming up end of week.

I may have to waste a PTO day either Thurs or Fri this week, I can't carry any over and my job gives us Xmas day after instead of us having to use time so I miscalculated. If so, and you still need a place with a garage, I may be good. The only thing to be concerned with is........ the possible Nor'Easter coming up end of week.
I ordered the wrong part number from weldingsupply.com so I'm still waiting on ring terminals but I think even without I'd like to build up something to hold the batteries and re-mount the amps. We'll keep an eye on the weather and go from there I suppose.

I'm new to this. What would you have paid if you took this to a shop and had them build it? How did you conceptualize the build before you started?
Obviously this is an extreme build, not your daily ride. Most I see are using cardboard boxes to mock up, or "conceptualize the build"

Or if you are good with measurements, and sketch up you can do a mock setup there also

I'm new to this. What would you have paid if you took this to a shop and had them build it? How did you conceptualize the build before you started?
Shops will always rip u off. Most of us can build a very loud or competition system for around 2000$

Paying a shop to do that and you're talking atleast double to triple that.

I haven't read this thread but id be willing to guess that he spent atleast500-1000 on wood alone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So as an update I did get some more batteries in this winter and 00 gauge cable but didn't have a chance at all to test. Got back this spring and had some setbacks which prevented me from doing anything. I found I had a couple subs with tinsels broken so I performed some minor surgery to the subs and replaced them and can actually get around to some testing with the new amp.

IMG_1623_zpss3ihot36.jpg

Happy with the numbers and still have some things to try. Here's video of outlaw metering we did while testing voltage at the amp.

Haven't updated this build log in forever. Since the last pics here I did the LTO banks:
The "Shocker" branded amp went into my brother's Civic (we've done some work on that also I'll update that eventually). One of the broken ones was fixed and failed again quickly, the repair guys don't know how to make it work so I'll be trading in the working one and the broken one for some store credit from them.

In the meantime I need more power so I picked up Soundigital 12K to try something different and so far I'm pretty impressed. Made a big number but I did push it into protect so obviously more testing needed. On the bright side I bought it with warranty and I did tell the shop precisely what I'm doing with it so if something goes south I expect he'll cover me.

Also replaced my 1st generation Zed Leviathan with Focal FDP6.900. Stephen made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a couple of the Focals and he had been hyping up the technology he uses in them for a while now. For the size I'm very confident they're not regulated power supply as his Zed branded amps but not like source voltage is an issue for me. Focal is about what you'd expect from a Zed amp. Great sound, seems to make rated power, and very convenient crossover options. At some point after I'm happy with how the crossovers and gains are dialed in I'll turn it around and stash the wires.... that's rather my only complaint is that all the controls are on the terminal side.
Really I'd like to rebuild the entire back end, especially the janky 2x3 battery box but it's at least very solid and I'd need another guy here to life the battery bank out of there safely.

Anyway, I know I can gain a little from taping around the subs and having someone push on the glass when I meter and all my subs need fresh recones to match (not sure if that'll gain but it's worth a shot). Really hoping to scrape a 160 out of this this year.

Haven't updated this build log in forever. Since the last pics here I did the LTO banks:
The "Shocker" branded amp went into my brother's Civic (we've done some work on that also I'll update that eventually). One of the broken ones was fixed and failed again quickly, the repair guys don't know how to make it work so I'll be trading in the working one and the broken one for some store credit from them.

In the meantime I need more power so I picked up Soundigital 12K to try something different and so far I'm pretty impressed. Made a big number but I did push it into protect so obviously more testing needed. On the bright side I bought it with warranty and I did tell the shop precisely what I'm doing with it so if something goes south I expect he'll cover me.

Also replaced my 1st generation Zed Leviathan with Focal FDP6.900. Stephen made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a couple of the Focals and he had been hyping up the technology he uses in them for a while now. For the size I'm very confident they're not regulated power supply as his Zed branded amps but not like source voltage is an issue for me. Focal is about what you'd expect from a Zed amp. Great sound, seems to make rated power, and very convenient crossover options. At some point after I'm happy with how the crossovers and gains are dialed in I'll turn it around and stash the wires.... that's rather my only complaint is that all the controls are on the terminal side.
Really I'd like to rebuild the entire back end, especially the janky 2x3 battery box but it's at least very solid and I'd need another guy here to life the battery bank out of there safely.

Anyway, I know I can gain a little from taping around the subs and having someone push on the glass when I meter and all my subs need fresh recones to match (not sure if that'll gain but it's worth a shot). Really hoping to scrape a 160 out of this this year.

View attachment 22738
View attachment 22739

What app is that on your phone to get that meter?

What app is that on your phone to get that meter?
It's an SPL labs meter. Have to have the meter to use the app.
Yes, this. And I must say my Jimmies are a bit rustled over this whole thing in that the battery in the original meter is not replaceable and now they're charging 5$ for the app... and of course the old (free) app doesn't work on modern versions of Android, hence why I'm using an old phone to run the software.

All in all, I bought the meter on the original pre-order and it's within a tenth of Termlab and bluetooth functionality is really convenient so I suppose it doesn't owe me anything. Would buy again. I've owned a Termlab and honestly if you're not running competitions where you need to use one I don't see any need to pay the premium for that name and tie yourself to a windows computer to run the thing.

I have one as well. It works but I have had issues. Also use an old phone with it. If you message Sean he will send you a free app download link.
He also offered me a coupon price to "trade in" for a new one due to the battery thing but for how much I use it anymore I can just plug it in for power and I do have a couple old phones here that run the app. Good to know though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.