Bye bye back seats....

Gotcha. What about new fabric and headliner twist pins to create a plush look? I know the twist pins will grab into the liner and won't need glue.
Rich V.
I had never even heard of those! Do you think they wouldn't just vibrate loose? Also where can I find any that don't look either gay or old-lady-ish?

IMG_1454_zpsu0kmq8dh.jpg

IMG_1455_zpsziwbhj8f.jpg

IMG_1457_zps1kmasxxd.jpg

IMG_1459_zpshxebmye1.jpg

IMG_1488_zpsttp7fbwp.jpg

Added some gorilla tape and gained a little, opened up the port a little and gained (only raised peak by 2hz sadly), sanded where I bondod the corners in the port and lost, did little something inside and gained some.

I'd like to see 157 before I add more power but my best options are sort of off the table since they'll lose the functionality of the removable back and having all that space for potential cargo area and easy access.

It's getting there. 156.5db is pretty loud. Any idea what your clamping for power?

Impedance was 5 and change (from 1.4 DC) at peak at the C-pillar each amp delivers 50V-ish, so was roughly 500W per coil. I believe impedance is a little higher in the larger box just anecdotally since it was much harder to get the subs smelly.

Speaking of 4000W. Here's the new amp somewhat installed.

IMG_1608_zps9yqhlpku.jpg

Sadly it's too long for the amp rack as it is so that'll need to be rebuilt and hopefully figure out a way to get some batteries in there. That said, I think we've got a big storm coming in Monday so I likely won't be able to pick up batteries, and I'm still waiting on cable and lugs. I'm running 3 4 gauge to each input on the amp right now from the old fuse blocks and single 1/0 grounds up to the battery bank. I also need to rewire the subs at some point getting some fat wire into the box then splitting to the 12 gauge closer to them.

Sounds good and should keep me going for a little bit.

Got some snow coming Monday woohoo buddy!

Here are some pics of when I went over to help Jon rip up some port wall and rebuild a couple months ago.

That new amp makes my NS1s look tiny!

20160930_144302_zps8dhflvfn.jpg

20160930_152004_zpsguwvxrjm.jpg

20160930_151956_zpswayq2rlu.jpg

Got some snow coming Monday woohoo buddy! Here are some pics of when I went over to help Jon rip up some port wall and rebuild a couple months ago.

That new amp makes my NS1s look tiny!
Yep, proper winter is here. I was planning to pick up batteries in NH on Monday but I don't know now and I definitely don't know if or when I'll have time to build a new amp rack and battery box to mount them. I don't think we have any more above freezing days on the horizon at this point.

Thanks again for helping out do that surgery on the box and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Yep, proper winter is here. I was planning to pick up batteries in NH on Monday but I don't know now and I definitely don't know if or when I'll have time to build a new amp rack and battery box to mount them. I don't think we have any more above freezing days on the horizon at this point.
Thanks again for helping out do that surgery on the box and thanks for sharing the pictures.
I have a garage ready for a jeep for a couple hours on a monday whenever, if you are interested. I split my day at work and could add another hour or two to that if needed.

And you are welcome, it was fun crawling in that box and breathing in all that mdf dust before the respirator was used lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.