Buying New System

Participant count
  • Participants list

Feola86

CT
Hi, I have been compiling a shopping cart for about 3 months now. I think i have everything i need i just want to be sure. I plan on doing the head unit, Coax, Subs, the big 3, and a second battery. Im just looking for advice if im misshing anything or if i should do things differentley. Also i have a 2004 VW Jetta which are notorious for rattle so im not looking for carzy bass just nice clear hits thats why im not using the subs to there full potential.

Here is what i have in the shopping cart so far:

Head Unit: Alpine CDE-W235BT

Coaxs: Alpine SPR-60 x2

Subwoofers: Alpine SWR-12D2 12 x2

Amplifier: MRX-M110 for subs and Alpine MRX-F65 for Coaxs

Optima Batteries 8050-160 D31T YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery

Battery holder to mount in trunk

Alpine Bass adjustment knob

Metra dash kit for my car

Metra Wiring harness for my car

Antenna adpater for VW cars

Wiring kit with (1/0 Gauge Wiring Kit; 17-Ft Translucent Red Power Wire; 3-Ft Translucent Black Ground Wire; 17-Ft Translucent Red Twisted Pair Rca Interconnects; 5-Ft Black Flex Loom Tubing; 16-Ft Blue Remote Turn-On Wire; 20-Ft Translucent Speaker Cable;Anl Fuseholder; 150A Fuse;)

Knukonceptz Triple 1/0 Gauge Battery Terminal Pair

8 0guage ring terminals

2 0guage firewall grommets incase I break one or have to go through trunk wall

Right now the subtotal is $1590.00

Are you dead set on alpine ? If not there are better options for you I just installed a small system in the same car Wasn't very easy either.
Im into what ever sounds the best for what you pay.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

also what aspects did you find hard when installing the system? looking for any advice I can get.

Im into what ever sounds the best for what you pay. 

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

also what aspects did you find hard when installing the system? looking for any advice I can get.
The dash had to come completely apart to get the deckin and run the power wire for the amp. That goes under the drivers wayyyy up under the dash. Was really hard to find it. But we googled it and found the solution Also I can help you pick out and even sell you some nice equipment. And yes components instead of coaxes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.