help with wiring problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

dray67

Yuma,AZ
Ok I've tried everything and stereo shops all tell me different. I have 2 12 kicker l7 4ohm speakers wired to 1ohm to a rockford fosgate t1500 ,I have a red top optima as primary battery with 0 gauge ran to trunk battery, then 4 gauge ran to amp. I grounded trunk battery with 0 gauge and my amp is grounded to trunk battery with 4 gauge. My alternator is 130amp and has 4 gauge to primary battery. Now sometimes amp gets hot and cuts out, other times mybattery light comes on so I turn it down,now the question is, do I have a wiring problem somewhere??

The t1500 has 4 gauge, and battery is good, I found a better ground and is currently working at 4ohms, now the question is, will my l7s sound better in a custom box, because it doesnt sound as good as it should. Will a custom box make a big difference and can it be done for a 2002 dodge intrepid?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.