Burnt smell on vc help!!!!!

What does your box look like? Make sure bass boost and any loud functions are off and sub level on your deck isn't cranked and only turn your deck about 3/4 of the way up at the most

Gains are half no bass boost. Ill try lowering my sub setting down but even still can't turn it higher then 10 and smell burnt smell. as of right now my two infinity sounds way louder then it does now at level 8 with the old set up. Another thing I soldered pos to pos and neg to neg just in case someone was wondering about the wiring any other suggestions? Or recommendations please help

IF it is a new subwoofer it will be smelly for a little bit till the excess glue is burned off.. All of my subs were stinky at first then stopped after a little bit of playing.

Get a multi meter and measure each coil and then measure your total load and make sure that is fine. If its a dual 2 each coil should measure close to 2 and total should be close to 1 if not you know the issue is with the coil or your wiring

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.