Building in trunk?

I was also told not to do a slanted front baffle for a ported enclosure. Any real truth behind this? I'm looking to fire the sub back and seal it off at the rear deck and port through the fold out cup holder. I'd prefer not to fire through the rear deck because I don't want too much pressure on my back windshield

Pocket jigs are good devices for building inside trunk. Assists in setting screws that would be hard to set with drill

Pocket jigs are good devices for building inside trunk. Assists in setting screws that would be hard to set with drill
Thanks for the tip

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

That is NOT how you build in a trunk.

Don't fire sub back or don't build the way the guy did?

Thanks for the tip 

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Don't fire sub back or don't build the way the guy did?

Why fire back then seal off the trunk? How will you get energy from the sub into the cabin?

Thor's car is LOUD for a trunk, that's the proper way to do it.

Why fire back then seal off the trunk? How will you get energy from the sub into the cabin?
Thor's car is LOUD for a trunk, that's the proper way to do it.
My seats don't fold down and I don't have much intention of keeping the seat out. But it does have a fold out cup holder so I thought I'd gut out the plastic behind the fold out and build an external square port through there

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I used a ton of 2-1/2" strong corner braces to help mine go together when I built my 6th into my trunk. Helped to align everything at 90 degrees.
How'd it turn out?

I suppose I could still fire forward and do that though. My only thing is how I'm gonna do the baffle given I don't have 18" in height clearance

My seats don't fold down and I don't have much intention of keeping the seat out. But it does have a fold out cup holder so I thought I'd gut out the plastic behind the fold out and build an external square port through there 

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

How'd it turn out?
I'd say it came out pretty well. Need my new alt and a bigger amp to see what she's really got in her, and a lot of testing different ports.

IMG_20161127_195715.jpg

last one I did was 2 15's in a G6....prebuilt it outside the vehicle with no glue, then reassembled in the trunk. Was a PITA but most in trunk builds are....

If i ever did a full spl trunk build. Id probably go talk to a boat building/repair shop and ask them how much they'd charge me to spray fiberglass on the trunk walls after taking out all the panels. Ive always seen boxes built in trunks but for weight and uniqueness factors, a front baffle into the cabin made of 1'' mdf and the rest of the trunk made into a perfectly formed box. That'd be pretty cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.