Building Camaro Sound System - Help!

MisterDeadeye
10+ year member

Bannned
Nebraska
I've got a '96 Camaro RS, black. I have an old Pioneer head unit that was in there when I got it. I also have Alpine SPS-600s in the back. Crutchfield and SonicElectronix say that I need 6-3/4" speakers, or 6-1/2" speakers for both the front and back. I plan on replacing both the head unit and speakers up front and in the back. I'm planning on getting a sub or two.

I've got speakers chosen, I think. They're JL Audio C2-650x's, both for the front and back. I also planned on powering them with an amp. The amp I chose is the Hifonics ZXi 6410.

Now, just so you all know, I don't really know much about car audio. Everything I know is just from browsing forums and car audio store sites. I don't know what kind of head unit to get, what kind of amp to get for my subs, or even what kind of subs to get. I don't know what a capacitor is, and I don't know what to do.

I don't know what a capacitor is, and I don't know what to do.
Waste of money, If you run enough watts to need it upgrade electrical first with doing the big 3 and and upgrade and or add a battery.

Umm, I forgot to mention my budget. I don't want to spend more than $200 for the head unit, and I most likely will get 2 12" subs. I don't want to spend more than $300 for each sub. I don't care how much I spend on the amp(s).

And I want it to be as loud as possible, while keeping the sound quality high, as I can with my budget.

There are plenty of threads were people have built a system in a camaro/firebird.

A simple search would have led you to enough of those threads.

Now you have joined this forum and cluttered it with this thread because you were to lazy to search.

Thanx a lot.

There are plenty of threads were people have built a system in a camaro/firebird.

Now you have joined this forum and cluttered it with this thread because you were to lazy to search.

Thanx a lot.
And you're poisoning this forum with your rudeness. Thanks a lot.

Thanx a lot.
To be fair, there really aren't a whole lot of camaro/firebird builds compared to other vehicles. I don't think OP searched so it doesn't really matter though.

Wall it, seal it, port it make the whole back end 1 big box...personally I would just get 2 12" idq v2 across the back or 1 10" idmax in the driverside cubby hole

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.