Building an all-in-one box

Like so

IMAG0212.jpg

My supplies were 1000w (not rms) PSU's that I got for 51 bucks a piece. They run 600w RMS amps at full tilt without a problem. This was simply a suggestion in the case that OP didn't need 2kW of power. :p

who said google translate??

you're right !

I assume i need to ask direct questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

never did an audio setup...

-So, if the subwoofer is 400Watts, the amp need to be 400watts RMS to get the job done?

-Am I right to say that meds and tweets can be directly pluged to the radio ?

-You have an exemple of.. 120v to 12v... the thing to connect all that on an house 120v

These are similar to what @pro\-rabbit was talking about, and I think similar to what Jacob uses in his shop, although he has a ton of them in parallel to get more current.

New 12V DC 30A 360W Regulated Switching Power Supply | eBay

If your subwoofer is 400 watts, the amp should supply around 400 watts as well. The mids and tweets can be run from the head unit if you want to, but are usually connected to crossovers first.

I would suggest buying a home audio amp from a place like emotiva than this. I have tried going through what you are talking about atleast a dozen times and I just said eff it and bought a home audio amp. I never could find a power supply that would do all of what I wanted.

[quote name='skylineTT']These are similar to what @pro\-rabbit was talking about, and I think similar to what Jacob uses in his shop, although he has a ton of them in parallel to get more current.

New 12V DC 30A 360W Regulated Switching Power Supply | eBay

If your subwoofer is 400 watts, the amp should supply around 400 watts as well. The mids and tweets can be run from the head unit if you want to, but are usually connected to crossovers first.[/QUOTE]

jacob did a recent video introducing the new z series subwoofer. in the vid you can see a bank of batterys connected to a batt charger . ive used the same setup but with only one charger and 1 batt in my garage worked great for what i used it for . decent battery charger around 50 bucks

jacob did a recent video introducing the new z series subwoofer. in the vid you can see a bank of batterys connected to a batt charger . ive used the same setup but with only one charger and 1 batt in my garage worked great for what i used it for . decent battery charger around 50 bucks

Maybe someone else then. I don't like the battery/charger setup personally. I'd prefer a bank of power supplies that never decay, discharge, etc. Only downside is slightly lower voltage.

a bank of power supplies may take too much place, the final product should be about the size of a normal sub box.

the home amp is good idea, but the small speaker will be powered by the preamp of the radio, i need an amp just for the subwoofer.

the minimum sizes of a 12inches subwoofer should be?

thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif i really appreciate the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.