Building a new system-halp!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kelvartis

Oregon
Long story short: Car was stolen and stripped. Now I got a clean slate to start from! & 1100 bucks from insurance to work with.

89 civic

I plan on doing a bunch of custom fiberglass in the trunk to fit a FI Q18.

The kick panels in the front are torn up from the thieves so I planned on glassing them and mod'n stuff out there as well.

I was thinking of going with 2 amps under the seats for the front stage. One for 2-4 midbass dedicated 7-8" woofers and the other for some full range 6.5 & tweeters w/ passive xo.

A third amp in the trunk to handle the sub.

For the midbass I was reading about Anarchy woofers..? Any other good mid-bass drivers to look into? Amp suggestions? Denovo Audio Anarchy woofer DIY Sound Group

As for the component set.. I would like some super tweeters and 6.5 mids.. I just don't know how to go about it. Crescendo FT1's? Do I get them in 4 ohm and then get 6.5's that are 4 ohm as well and then build a crossover that's around 5k? FT1 - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store

What 6.5 would pair well here? How/where would I get a 4ohm 5k crossover?

Finishing out the build the FI Q18 needs an amp as well. I was thinking a Crescendo 2k..?

1 large XS power batt in the trunk? or two smaller xs. one at each end of the car?

At this point I'm surely running past the budget.. and my alt is going to cry the moment I get this all bumping.. Is there any option other than a Mechman 240 amp alt that will hold up... and not cost me 550$ lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.