Building a 2-way component setup?

well wat i want to do and plan on doing is running two sets of these cl-62cf cdt comps on 350rms per set

put a set in the kicks and a mid in the door and the tweet in the a pillars

and i might possibly do a set in the kicks, a set in the doors, along with a m6 midbass driver from cdt, and the upstage kit in the a pillars

and yea will have to get another amp for the midbass, run 700rms of comps and around 400rms of midbass and 1500rms of subs

basically either run 4 midrange speakers total and 4 tweeters total, or 4 midrange speakers, 2 midbass drivers, 4 tweets and 2 upstage tweeters to raise the sound stage

well wat i want to do and plan on doing is running two sets of these cl-62cf cdt comps on 350rms per set

and i might possibly do a set in the kicks, a set in the doors, along with a m6 midbass driver from cdt, and the upstage kit in the a pillars

and yea will have to get another amp for the midbass, run 700rms of comps and around 400rms of midbass and 1500rms of subs

basically either run 4 midrange speakers total and 4 tweeters total, or 4 midrange speakers, 2 midbass drivers, 4 tweets and 2 upstage tweeters to raise the sound stage

That makes more sense to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That would get you a hell of a lot of sound up front. LOL. Personally I wouldn't run things like this cause you will have very few tunability options, and in my opinion, too many speakers to control. I like a good three way setup up front, where you can tune everything to get your sound stage where you want it. But if you're just trying to get an assload of noise up front to keep up with gobs of bass, then what you want to do would work just fine.

king ranch sorry, I can't understand your post.
+

you wouldnt anyway even if it was stated more clear its complicated you have to know about how to make certain ohm loads
+

Yeah I attempted to read it but it seemed way over my head so I just gave up...
= //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

^^horrible ideas.

That makes more sense to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
That would get you a hell of a lot of sound up front. LOL. Personally I wouldn't run things like this cause you will have very few tunability options, and in my opinion, too many speakers to control. I like a good three way setup up front, where you can tune everything to get your sound stage where you want it. But if you're just trying to get an assload of noise up front to keep up with gobs of bass, then what you want to do would work just fine.
well i want it to sound good and far as tunning if i run like that the comps will be passive but i will run the midbass active, what would you suggest for a nice 3 way upfront i plan to keep the cdt comps i have and put them in the kicks so should i just get a midbass driver and put in the door, how high do midbass drivers play, do they play strictly midbass or some vocals as well

+
+

= //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

^^horrible ideas.
wat would you suggest to add upfront to my cdt comps i am gonna put the cdt comps in the kicks wat else would you suggest

well i want it to sound good and far as tunning if i run like that the comps will be passive but i will run the midbass active, what would you suggest for a nice 3 way upfront i plan to keep the cdt comps i have and put them in the kicks so should i just get a midbass driver and put in the door, how high do midbass drivers play, do they play strictly midbass or some vocals as well
to be honest with you, I am just looking at playing with a 3-ways system, but it a little ways off. Right now I have a cheap 2-way setup.

If you are going that far, get yourself a cheap processor that will allow you to run everything active. That way you can play with the crossover points, and get the max potential out of all speakers. Every speaker has different capabilities, but if I'm not mistaken (which I very well could be) your midbass will run up to around 250Hz. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you get yourself a descent processor you will be able to adjust your crossover points, the slopes at which they crossover, as well as have time delay capabilities. If you played with the tuning enough you would be able to tune that in, and it would sound wicked.

Personally with my budget system, I am running the comps active off the Alpine HU. This gives me the crossovers I need, as well as a small EQ.

Over 4,000 posts and your typing this sh!t //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Take that 800 bucks and invest in processing and quality drivers (only one set of mids and one set of tweeters are necessary).

I know tis thread is a few days old... funny how it sorta turned into king ranch's thread... so king ranch post something useful or gtfo... please.
I was browsing Parts Express again.. saw these..

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=193

would I be able to use any of these?
Honestly, you would probably better off in the long run if you bought a HU with the processing to go 3-way active. The addition of t/a alone is worth it in my opinion. Plus, I have read from a credible source that those pre-built passives from PE are junk.

If you're looking for something that is more plug 'n play just go with a decent set of packaged components.

Honestly, you would probably better off in the long run if you bought a HU with the processing to go 3-way active. The addition of t/a alone is worth it in my opinion. Plus, I have read from a credible source that those pre-built passives from PE are junk.
If you're looking for something that is more plug 'n play just go with a decent set of packaged components.
My thoughts exactly. I love my Alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.