Build for my Jetta

xxBURT0Nxx
10+ year member

Team Ramrod
Okay, so it's probably not the best system, but it's my first real one and consists of a Pioneer Avic D-3, Rainbow SLC265.25 comps powered by a zx350.2 and 2 Kicker CVX 12's. It's all powered by Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 and has the big 3 done.

Still onto the list of things to do/buy are a new battery upfront, and possibly in the back. More sound deadening, and A Kicker 650.4 with a Memphis 16-x03 to run the comps active. Then eventually I will upgrade the comps. I also need a sub amp, and then I will most likely upgrade the subs pretty soon.

Onto the pics:

Here is the Avic installed:

109.jpg

Running of the wire:

101.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Install of the speakers:

100.jpg

103.jpg

102.jpg

Tweeter Location:

104.jpg

111.jpg

Crossovers:

112.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

That was the first box i have ever built. It's made of 3/4" MDF. 4.5 cu ft after displacement tuned to 35hz. All corners are rounded, as is the inside of the port. I don't have a router, so the baffles are cut out with a jigsaw. I painted the whole box flat black, then went back through with neon colors and did the splatter effect. After that, I made some stensils and painted them with gloss white. I know not everyone will like it, but I do, and I'm gonna throw a blacklight in the trunk so it should look pretty cool(don't have any lights in the trunk atm)

Let me know what you guys think...!

Yeah, I knew some people wouldn't like it, but i really like snowboarding so I thought stencils would be a cool way to spice up a box. I was originally gonna carpet it with some obnoxious shag carpet, but then thought this would be a little nicer looking...?

I like the box myself..........not that I would ever go with a theme like that, but is different, so give ya that. Looks good for a first box too, much better than I could ever do, so good job!

Also how do you like your CVX's ported?

I have one off 750rms Autotek amp in a 1.5 sealed enclosure and do almost 140 at the dash. Is very loud for 1 sub off just that rms.

Been thinking about going ported, but don't know if I want to sacrafice the room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.