Budget Build For The Old Beater

xm-4045!!!! Ftw!!!
CIMG0231.jpg

only be shooting like 240 to the subs but i think it'll still crank up pretty nice.
I can't stress the benefits of cone area...

For a future build, I just want to run a lot of low power handling, high efficiency, sq 8's. The sound quality is not affected by the amount of subs so it will sound epic, and it will also get stupid loud because of the cone area...

I can't stress the benefits of cone area...
For a future build, I just want to run a lot of low power handling, high efficiency, sq 8's. The sound quality is not affected by the amount of subs so it will sound epic, and it will also get stupid loud because of the cone area...
hell yeah!! i'm gonna try my damndest to get those daytons before the special is over.

what are those?? they are older than mine i believe.
Oh' date=' just a little bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1988 mo'fucka!

And two of them play as if they were brand new...no hiss or inconsistencies...The other one has a bad cap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So does the Sony that I have that's the same series as yours...Goes into protect.

Hoping it's not the main capacitors on the black Sony...They are like 15k uf, square flat caps! Gunna be hella 'spensive to replace...

mine was going into protect , but the little transistors next to the finals had cracked traces on the board. Once i ran a nice run of flux and solder over the cracked trace it fired right up. cranking on 4 seleniums in my uncles truck right now while i try to sell his excelon 4 channel.

Yeah, time is your enemy. Their sales don't last long, so act quick!
prolly wont do it , i modeled them up in winisd and bass box pro , they need massive boxes to play low according to the software models. you cant alway go by that **** though.

mine was going into protect ' date=' but the little transistors next to the finals had cracked traces on the board. Once i ran a nice run of flux and solder over the cracked trace it fired right up. cranking on 4 seleniums in my uncles truck right now while i try to sell his excelon 4 channel.[/quote']
Hmmm...

I wish that black Sony wasn't such a goddamn bitch to take apart! The thing is so densely packed inside, you couldn't fit a grain of sand in there! Disassembling it is just as miserable as you would expect...

This is what the internals of the big guy look like...

CIMG0356.jpg

Hmmm...
I wish that black Sony wasn't such a goddamn bitch to take apart! The thing is so densely packed inside, you couldn't fit a grain of sand in there! Disassembling it is just as miserable as you would expect...

This is what the internals of the big guy look like...

CIMG0356.jpg
you got any NEC sc3012/sa1232 finals laying around?? I need 2 sets for the rear channels of the 5540F , its got finals from a alpine 3527s in it right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.