Budget Build For The Old Beater

Got my '90 acclaim coming back to me this weekend. It has a terrible stereo in in right now. Walmart pioneer that doesn't even play MP3 cd's and pioneer g-series coaxs in each door.

So here is an idea for a decent little system on the uber-cheap tip.

Kenwood Excelon X589 (Owned)

PG XS2200 (Owned)

Gotta Buy Speakers And A Sub...............

Looking at these for all 4 doors Vifa A13CG-21-04 5-1/4" Coaxial w/Audax Tweeter | Parts-Express.com

And this in the trunk Peerless 830876 10" XXLS Subwoofer 4 Ohm | Parts-Express.com

I figure i will try the 5.25's on HU power crossed over pretty high and if they don't have enough power i will throw one of my O/S sony's on them.

the sub will be in a fairly large box tuned in the low 30's , i have ran a single 10 sealed in this car before and it slammed so this should really kick in there.

I don't wanna spend anything on this car but i can't go without decent tunes. It's only 166 for this stuff shipped. anything bad to say about any of this ish??

Got my '90 acclaim coming back to me this weekend. It has a terrible stereo in in right now. Walmart pioneer that doesn't even play MP3 cd's and pioneer g-series coaxs in each door.
So here is an idea for a decent little system on the uber-cheap tip.

Kenwood Excelon X589 (Owned)

PG XS2200 (Owned)

Gotta Buy Speakers And A Sub...............

Looking at these for all 4 doors Vifa A13CG-21-04 5-1/4" Coaxial w/Audax Tweeter | Parts-Express.com

And this in the trunk Peerless 830876 10" XXLS Subwoofer 4 Ohm | Parts-Express.com

I figure i will try the 5.25's on HU power crossed over pretty high and if they don't have enough power i will throw one of my O/S sony's on them.

the sub will be in a fairly large box tuned in the low 30's ' date=' i have ran a single 10 sealed in this car before and it slammed so this should really kick in there.

I don't wanna spend anything on this car but i can't go without decent tunes. It's only 166 for this stuff shipped. [b']anything bad[/b] to say about any of this ish??
anything good to say?

the cheap ass Dual speakers @ Wal-Mart actually sound decent.
i had 2 pairs in my 89 camaro when my old fosgate hpc's went up in smoke. 4 of those light up duals stood tall when i pushed my old thunder 302 on them. rated at 50 per and i was easily pushing 80-100 to each one. LOL the lights blew before the speakers.

raid don't kill these roaches , i even tried demonmax (pro stuff) and they laughed at it. tried foggers too. they are florida apartment roaches. those things are immune to everything.

12329_1385082949754_1312416599_1159751_6804095_n.jpg

12329_1385082869752_1312416599_1159749_6039303_n.jpg

The old camaro system. It was purdy nice

raid don't kill these roaches ' date=' i even tried demonmax (pro stuff) and they laughed at it. tried foggers too. they are florida apartment roaches. those things are immune to everything.[/quote']
mehh just eat em

....& my friend had a pair of the light up Dual's in his Camry powered w/ 22w from the h/u ........for what it was they sounded great. one of the few cheap coax's ive heard that you can crank up w/ out a ton of distortion.

mehh just eat em

....& my friend had a pair of the light up Dual's in his Camry powered w/ 22w from the h/u ........for what it was they sounded great. one of the few cheap coax's ive heard that you can crank up w/ out a ton of distortion.
they sounded almost as good as the RF's , just not as loud , but they obviously handled more powa.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.