Budget bass help needed

You dont seem to be really understanding what people are telling you. 15's are just not a feasible option. If you wanted to run just 2 15" subs in that trunk it would literally require the ENTIRE trunk being used as a box. It would require the box to be built and assembled in the trunk. My Ford Fusion has about that same amount of trunk space and i have a single 15" sub. I cant stand that i dont have the room to make a box that would allow the sub to maximize its potential. It also ***** that building the box out of the car severely limits the size you can go. I suppose to could go 2 sealed 15's but than your budget on an amp needs to go up significantly.

One proven formula is two Sundown SA-12s in a ported box, wired for final 1 ohm load. Spend the rest of money on the best 1ohm stable mono subwoofer amplifier, hopefully with 1500watt RMS output or more. Note, this may require upgrading cars electrical (at least the big 3 wires). Adjust box size and tuning frequency according to taste, etc. These handle a lot of power and can sound very clean (they did very well on a Klippel)

You dont seem to be really understanding what people are telling you. 15's are just not a feasible option. If you wanted to run just 2 15" subs in that trunk it would literally require the ENTIRE trunk being used as a box. It would require the box to be built and assembled in the trunk. My Ford Fusion has about that same amount of trunk space and i have a single 15" sub. I cant stand that i dont have the room to make a box that would allow the sub to maximize its potential. It also ***** that building the box out of the car severely limits the size you can go. I suppose to could go 2 sealed 15's but than your budget on an amp needs to go up significantly.
I agree mostly, though some 15s can work in a manageable sealed box. An Alpine engineer recommended 2cu ft for the new Alpine type-S. Not only they're cheap, but they also sound very good. According to him, better than the R8s which were his favorites previously. Still, trying to fit 4cu ft box in a sedan trunk is a challenge. The woofer probably needs to be up firing. Jim did that experiment in an SUV, which is of course much easier.

i can make you some high powered subs but dont have anymore aq motors,pm me...
Damnit Dean.. I cant be suggesting you and youre low on stock .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

So measured my db level using a couple cheap *** apps on my phone. Which sounds better for 2 "old" Memphis Power Class 10's in a sealed dual ProBox? 119 dbs or 100 dbs? Whichever is right, I want at least 4 times the output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been reading around and Its come down to 2 Sundown SA 12's or 2 American Bass XFL 12's. I'm leaning more toward the XFL's because of the reviews and comments they got but I'm looking for someone to give me a reason to go with the SA's.

I'd go with 2 XFL 12s. Seal off your trunk and fire them into the cabin. If you build your own box (it isn't really hard, can just be time consuming and requires tools) that would only take $400. You could use the rest of your budget to buy a good 2000-3000w amp. You'll also want to look into doing the big 3 and probably getting a AGM battery in the back to power it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.