Budget amp to go with ID10?

Shane361

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 6, 2022
So if OP puts 1000W to his ID sub are you offering to warranty it if it breaks?
He wouldn't be getting 1000 watts to the sub and that isn't too much power for a 300rms/600max tuned correctly. Hell I ran an SFB3k to two 10" 500rms subs no issues.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
He wouldn't be getting 1000 watts to the sub and that isn't too much power for a 300rms/600max tuned correctly. Hell I ran an SFB3k to two 10" 500rms subs no issues.
So that's a yes or a no on you offering to warranty his equipment for him if it breaks?

• Haha
Reactions: Shane361

Shane361

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 6, 2022
So that's a yes or a no on you offering to warranty his equipment for him if it breaks?
Are you going to pay for his sub when he puts a 600 watt amp on his 600 max sub and turns the gain up past clipping to “get mo bass”?
#Can’tPut601WattAmpOnA600WattSubLOL

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 18, 2021
That one looks pretty good according to the specs. Have you had experience with this one?
I have researched the majority of these Brazilian and Chinese/Korean amps lately. It seems they are all very similar given the price point. The Sundown amp I purchased is very similar inside to the Deaf Bonce, Scar etc... They produce good cheap power, but they are cheap. When I compared my new Sundown to my old punch 200 the fit and finish is night and day. That being said, I am still very happy with my purchase, 20 years ago you almost payed $1 a watt. Power has become much cheaper. I have also heard really good things about the Taramps and their sister Stetsom. And don't cheap out on RCA cables 😂 and yes I have a set of good ones otw.

Reactions: Sluggz

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 9, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have researched the majority of these Brazilian and Chinese/Korean amps lately. It seems they are all very similar given the price point. The Sundown amp I purchased is very similar inside to the Deaf Bonce, Scar etc... They produce good cheap power, but they are cheap. When I compared my new Sundown to my old punch 200 the fit and finish is night and day. That being said, I am still very happy with my purchase, 20 years ago you almost payed $1 a watt. Power has become much cheaper. I have also heard really good things about the Taramps and their sister Stetsom. And don't cheap out on RCA cables 😂 and yes I have a set of good ones otw.
That was going to be my next question is which gauge wire I should run to the battery and what brands make the better/best RCA cables?

Reactions: Grimmjoww

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
That was going to be my next question is which gauge wire I should run to the battery and what brands make the better/best RCA cables?
Are you going to eventually upgrade in the future? Sorry if this was already asked prior to me asking it.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Jan 10, 2012
Run at least 4 gauge but I always recommend 1/0 if you think you’ll want to upgrade down the road.

I’m not an RCA snob as I’ve ran cheap Walmarts and expensive Knu’s and have never had a problem. I usually go for middle of the road and lately have been using the T-Spec V10’s. They are very very flexible and not too thick. I get them from Crutchfield or Sonic

I also like the Stinger 6000 series

Last edited:

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 18, 2021
At the very least run 4 gauge. And me personally, I would run ofc wire one and done. Oxygen free copper wire in 4 gauge would be similar to 0 or 2 gauge cca, it just carries more current with less resistance.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobbytwonames

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Are you going to pay for his sub when he puts a 600 watt amp on his 600 max sub and turns the gain up past clipping to “get mo bass”?
#Can’tPut601WattAmpOnA600WattSubLOL
Yeah, I guess if he is worried about over-powering that sub the only sensible option is to buy twice as much power as it is rated to handle. I take it this means you're not offering to replace or repair his sub if he breaks it then?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
I’ve been researching about this brand and it looks promising
Not high quality but they make rated power or close enough to it. Buy from a legit store with a warranty just in case you get a dud.

Shane361

CarAudio.com Recruit
May 6, 2022
Yeah, I guess if he is worried about over-powering that sub the only sensible option is to buy twice as much power as it is rated to handle. I take it this means you're not offering to replace or repair his sub if he breaks it then?
At this point I wanna hear about your stereo.

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 18, 2021
I’ve been researching about this brand and it looks promising
I have also read about it a lot and almost went with it as well. The only downfall that I found with the Brazilian amps is they can get a little "toasty" if not wired correctly .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.