Budget amp to go with ID10?

That one looks pretty good according to the specs. Have you had experience with this one?
I have researched the majority of these Brazilian and Chinese/Korean amps lately. It seems they are all very similar given the price point. The Sundown amp I purchased is very similar inside to the Deaf Bonce, Scar etc... They produce good cheap power, but they are cheap. When I compared my new Sundown to my old punch 200 the fit and finish is night and day. That being said, I am still very happy with my purchase, 20 years ago you almost payed $1 a watt. Power has become much cheaper. I have also heard really good things about the Taramps and their sister Stetsom. And don't cheap out on RCA cables 😂 and yes I have a set of good ones otw.

I have researched the majority of these Brazilian and Chinese/Korean amps lately. It seems they are all very similar given the price point. The Sundown amp I purchased is very similar inside to the Deaf Bonce, Scar etc... They produce good cheap power, but they are cheap. When I compared my new Sundown to my old punch 200 the fit and finish is night and day. That being said, I am still very happy with my purchase, 20 years ago you almost payed $1 a watt. Power has become much cheaper. I have also heard really good things about the Taramps and their sister Stetsom. And don't cheap out on RCA cables 😂 and yes I have a set of good ones otw.
That was going to be my next question is which gauge wire I should run to the battery and what brands make the better/best RCA cables?

Run at least 4 gauge but I always recommend 1/0 if you think you’ll want to upgrade down the road.

I’m not an RCA snob as I’ve ran cheap Walmarts and expensive Knu’s and have never had a problem. I usually go for middle of the road and lately have been using the T-Spec V10’s. They are very very flexible and not too thick. I get them from Crutchfield or Sonic

I also like the Stinger 6000 series

Last edited:
That was going to be my next question is which gauge wire I should run to the battery and what brands make the better/best RCA cables?
At the very least run 4 gauge. And me personally, I would run ofc wire one and done. Oxygen free copper wire in 4 gauge would be similar to 0 or 2 gauge cca, it just carries more current with less resistance.

Are you going to pay for his sub when he puts a 600 watt amp on his 600 max sub and turns the gain up past clipping to “get mo bass”?
#Can’tPut601WattAmpOnA600WattSubLOL
Yeah, I guess if he is worried about over-powering that sub the only sensible option is to buy twice as much power as it is rated to handle. I take it this means you're not offering to replace or repair his sub if he breaks it then?

Either one of these will work and they are very small and budget friendly.

Screenshot_20220513-051107_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-051241_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...