Budget 8" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimi77
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
Looking for a pair of budget 8" subs to fill in the low end. They'll be going in a ~1cuft sealed enclosure (.5cuft/sub) under the rear seat of a Honda Ridgeline. I have 6.25" of depth to work with, but that's really ~5.25" to allow some clearance for the pole vent. Trying to stay around $100 or less per sub. Haven't decided on the amp yet (see my other post regarding amps), but figure on around 500wrms total for the subs. I listen to a wide variety of music and I'm not a bass head. I prefer "neutral" sounding systems.

Right now I'm looking at these subs:

Cerwin Vega Vega series ~$85
Image Dynamics ID - $105
NVX VSW84V2 - $60

Good choices? Is ID still a good brand? I know it's not the same company since Eric Stevens left, but they were still making decent products last I heard. I assume Cerwin Vega is still a solid company. NVX is a newer brand but they seem to get solid reviews and are known for delivering a good value, but will the sound quality be there? FWIW, I spoke to NVX tech support about the FS on the sub, 53hz as listed on NVX and other sites is incorrect - the correct FS is 36hz, which is the spec per the owner's manual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...