budget 4 channel vs higher end, is there a sound difference?

$500??? Should have picked up some moulded IEM triples from 1964 ears...
https://www.1964ears.com/product/1964-V3-Custom-In-Ear-Monitor

CHAD
No, $50 for the DD's. Pretty good as far as earbuds go. Still thinking about some Sennheisers earbuds. Maybe when I have another $500 to blow

D2011 skull candy ink'd earbuds are pretty awesome at under $15 haha
The cheap ones are Garbage. My Skullcandy Titans were good. Pretty similar to the DD's.

Put my old cheap ones on for one day and realized how shitty they were sound quality wise.

Yeah, only 2011 one. Skull candy is good value, on par with soundqubed.
I can see what you mean

you guys have been looking at a lot of bottom of the barrel earbuds lol. For reference, skull candy is worse than boss in the headphone world vs the car audio world, soundqubed car audio is awesome but in the head phone industry, they are basically pyramid/pyle. DD might edge it out to hifonics level but for the same price I'd rather go with my japanese made audio technica cks77, way more clean and strong/impactful bass(gets low too) and clarity with fairly wide soundstage for an IEM. I tried out DD buds at my local DD dealer, he was all into it and then He had a listen on my ATs and he immediately asked, "how do i become a dealer for these?".

you guys have been looking at a lot of bottom of the barrel earbuds lol. For reference, skull candy is worse than boss in the headphone world vs the car audio world, soundqubed car audio is awesome but in the head phone industry, they are basically pyramid/pyle. DD might edge it out to hifonics level but for the same price I'd rather go with my japanese made audio technica cks77, way more clean and strong/impactful bass(gets low too) and clarity with fairly wide soundstage for an IEM. I tried out DD buds at my local DD dealer, he was all into it and then He had a listen on my ATs and he immediately asked, "how do i become a dealer for these?".
Next time I see you, guess what you're listening to instead of my car??

i just watched that, i could tell he was saying fa instead of ba. there trying to say if you close your eyes you hear ba .. nope i here fa.

does anybody else ?
Haha, actually you couldn't tell what he was saying. He never actually says "fa" in the entire video. It's always "ba" but your brain is tricked into believing he says "fa" because of what you see with his lips.

everything matters.

the weakest link determines THD and channel separation. a lot of what you hear in soundstage is simply channel separation of the equipment. the weakest link determines the result. with distortion, you want it at the end of the signal chain, never at the beginning.

you pay for thermal management. you pay for quality internals - caps, resistors, op amps ($0.10 vs $2.00 adds up fast).

i've tested dozens of amps in my vehicles over the past two decades, covering many popular brands. i still think $1 per watt is a good rule of thumb for a quality amp. That has always held true and seems to factor inflation into account. my Audison LRX5.1k is $1500 for about 1500W (with 2 Class A tweeter channels, 2 Class A/B mid channels, and 1 Class D sub channel). it's fairly compact for it's size and the cost is reflected in how it's built - there is a lot of vertical board sections and those are expensive transitions (approx $10 each). small size without sacrificing quality or thermal management is expensive.

AudisonLRx51k007.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.