14 Volt

two reasons... one is marketing, everyone wants a cheap amp with big numbers. two is that most of the time your car is at alternator charging levels, listening to a system loud with your car off isn't usually a good idea, unless you have tons of batts.

two reasons... one is marketing, everyone wants a cheap amp with big numbers. two is that most of the time your car is at alternator charging levels, listening to a system loud with your car off isn't usually a good idea, unless you have tons of batts.
Couple hundred less. Nothing noticeable. I wouldn't be playing that amp with the car off
Thanks guys.

power output is limited by the voltage at the supply rails and the current handling of the components. higher voltage at input = higher voltage at output. power is voltage squared divided by resistance. power output climes rapidly as voltage climbs.

typical difference of an unregulated amp: output is approximately half at 12VDC vs 14.4VDC.

power output is limited by the voltage at the supply rails and the current handling of the components. higher voltage at input = higher voltage at output. power is voltage squared divided by resistance. power output climes rapidly as voltage climbs.
typical difference of an unregulated amp: output is approximately half at 12VDC vs 14.4VDC.
Thank you for the info, still learning so it's much appreciated

Do you think soundqubed's specs are accurate? They seem like a reputable brand from my limited knowledge.

You say half output at 12v whereas NoLoud4u says a few hundred ... ?

Don't run stuff with the car off. One of my friends messed up his new system doing that a week after we got it installed
Thanks for the input ... even door speakers? Would you run ~400wRMS off the battery? A lot of guys down here blast their speakers (no sub) at the beach for hours with only a couple startups ... I personally don't have much experience so they might be doing something I'm unaware of.

Thanks for the input ... even door speakers? Would you run ~400wRMS off the battery? A lot of guys down here blast their speakers (no sub) at the beach for hours with only a couple startups ... I personally don't have much experience so they might be doing something I'm unaware of.
I only run my headunit in my truck for about 15 minutes. Killed a battery from listening to the radio with my truck off for a half an hour each day. Just headunit. Don't have any external amps in my truck. Wouldn't recommend that every day.

I don't suggest running anything without the car on. On the other hand my buddy who just has a small 800 watt amp on P2's plays his all the time with his car off. Sometimes for an hour or longer, he's had no issues lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

scadiz

scadiz
Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
keep_hope_alive