Buck's Exploder build log

coming along nice man, finally read through your entire build log, im always down to help with builds/installs myself
Cool deal. I've got to brace behind the sunroof, as that's where most of the flexing in the roof is. I was freaking sick this weekend so I haven't done crap. I have 25 sq ft of deadener waiting to go in.

Part of roof deadened:

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

New front license plate:

DSCN0576.jpg

Nice! How you are liking the 80 mil so far?
It has made a huge difference as far as with what I call "the wave" on my roof. I say about half of it is done, as in the back half. I can tell a difference. Also, there are quite a few less rattles. I put some under this metal piece above my head, some pointless metal piece. It and the bottom lip of my sunroof where banging together. It no loner does that where it's audible. So idk, maybe not it's intended purpose, but it works.

are you sacraficing your sunroof with that wooden brace?
Yes.

his sunroof doesn't even work anymore lol
It works, but I can only open up the rear part of it. The wooden piece blocks the path of the glass.

Alright so I removed part of a sunroof that was a drain apparently. So the sunroof is designed to leak. I happened to remove part of the drain, and guess what it did all over my truck today. Ya...so I said fuck you sunroof you're getting sealed. Idk if this was a good idea or not, but this is what it's going to be. I have had a bad day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

lol, yea there is a drain channel thats put under the sunroofs in cars incase a little water gets in it funnels it out(usually out the b-pillar). hows the rest of roof going?

lol, yea there is a drain channel thats put under the sunroofs in cars incase a little water gets in it funnels it out(usually out the b-pillar). hows the rest of roof going?
Haven't done anything since you saw it last. Just titeloc'd the sunroof partially, gotta get another tube or 2 this weekend to finish the job.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.