Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

SoundQubed has changed their subs to be softer with lower Fs's. Some of them now take slightly smaller boxes too. They told me it was just to keep up with the times of people wanting more low end bass. Well, they definitely seem to change their woofers to be more low end oriented now, that's for sure.

I believe that the owner of Soundcubed is the son of the owner of DD.

I think you may be right, it used to something like that. I don't remember exactly though. Soundqubed and American Bass used to have the same woofers, idk if they still do. But back in the day, it seemed like AB and AQ were basically the same design style as DD, just cheaper versions, but still really good equipment.

2 SoundQubed HDS3.215's ported in a large SUV.

Any more info on this?

The sub seemingly did not like the ported section. We weren't sure exactly what was going on. The sub played fine in the box when the port and top sides were removed from the ported chamber. There may be something inherent to that sub's designed that makes it distort or something when placed in ported.

The sub seemingly did not like the ported section. We weren't sure exactly what was going on. The sub played fine in the box when the port and top sides were removed from the ported chamber. There may be something inherent to that sub's designed that makes it distort or something when placed in ported.

I just came across 2 free RF R2 12s. Their website does have recommended specs for ported but I dunno if I trust it and nothing online at all for shallows in a BP. You think sealed vs standard ported would be a large dif for these like a more typical sub would be?

I just came across 2 free RF R2 12s. Their website does have recommended specs for ported but I dunno if I trust it and nothing online at all for shallows in a BP. You think sealed vs standard ported would be a large dif for these like a more typical sub would be?

Are the subs IB capable by chance? What's the Fs on the subs?

Are the subs IB capable by chance? What's the Fs on the subs?

29 according to RFs site. Not sure i want to try it though. I may take my chances and use a small ported enclosure with minimal port area and forward fire. I could tuck it right close to my back seats since they have little excursion and false wall the trunk so you dont even know its there. Its just a 16 Altima I use for driving to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...