Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Skar's woofer don't seem to be that bad, but it seems like Skar has very little like information staff. I'm not sure who develops there woofers, or if they're literally just cheaper copies of others...but the prices seem to be good for their performance, it's just that you can't really know how they perform until you buy it, because so many of their t/s are doodoo. Like they aren't wrong necessarily, it's just that their t/s seem to have have zero break in time.

Somebody who I'm more disappointed in than Skar in the t/s department is DD. You held the SPL world record for years and now you put up less t/s parameters than you used to?

Can a buck get a full set of t/s or what?

Skar is just a great example of how low prices > any emotional problem most will have with any company

Dayton’s sound really nice! Get loud and low when I need them to. My seat sits up a tad bit closer to the wheel as I would like. My fault though when I did my measurements. I can deal with it though. I’m just never satisfied. I want a center console box so I can incorporate an arm rest.

I hear a voice, it's saying: "cut a hole in your bed and cab...."

Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 12 ported in a small trunk

I had a Death Row 21", didn't like it a bunch, but idk may have been my fault, that was a long time ago. IA makes some incredible equipment. Their amps are very very good and so are their subs.

So not to clutter your thread but I’ll be using you for my next box. I have the LI 12 and an SSA Icon 12 bnib. I have an IA 10.1 and US Acoustics Mike bnib too. Which would you go with for an F-150 ported?

So not to clutter your thread but I’ll be using you for my next box. I have the LI 12 and an SSA Icon 12 bnib. I have an IA 10.1 and US Acoustics Mike bnib too. Which would you go with for an F-150 ported?

No, you're fine, that's not clutter. Questions are welcome.

That's a tough one. I think I would personally go with the SSA Icon. I'm not sure what power both of those amps really do. I'm not sure I can tell you which sub is overall better. I think both of the sub are great subs. A box for one would almost certainly be very good for the other sub. So you could probably switch both in the exact same box.

4 Sundown Team 15's (5000w RMS) on 4 6kw amps at .5 ohm each, so 24,000w+. Series 6th order wall for a mid size SUV. Stupid low wind tunnel type tune, love it. This box makes my OCD happy. Nothing like a flat wall for the subs and a symmetrical rear port.

There will be metal rod type bracing going in this box in both the front and rear chambers. The lower part of the front wall is completely removable.

What did you take that picture with? That's a great looking pic. Looks nice man, let me know what feet you wind up going with and how it all works out for you.
Thanks man. Picture taken with my iPhone 11.
I did hook them up in my truck with subs/port facing up. I just sat the box on my passenger seat just to get a quick listen. Wow!! I’m very impressed. I could even say they are as loud as the Dayton 10’s. When I get time, I’ll take the Dayton’s out and down fire this box. Using pieces of wood to gradually lift the box to find a sweet spot. I will definitely keep you updated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...