Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Thanks man. Picture taken with my iPhone 11.
I did hook them up in my truck with subs/port facing up. I just sat the box on my passenger seat just to get a quick listen. Wow!! I’m very impressed. I could even say they are as loud as the Dayton 10’s. When I get time, I’ll take the Dayton’s out and down fire this box. Using pieces of wood to gradually lift the box to find a sweet spot. I will definitely keep you updated!

Like I say, I've seen 2-2.5" work well several times. Yeah, the Daytons are more home audio woofers really, IMO. They're lower hz SQ type woofers.

The 4 Sundown Zv5 12's 4th order being test fitted.

I thought you were going ampere?

Thanks for remembering. I was going to, but the two inch voice coils scared me away. Then, I was going to get the CT Sounds Meso 8, but I don't want to wait that long. Plus, I've always liked the looks of these. I'm pretty sure that the 400 rms rating is underrated.

Last edited:
I was hoping you’d go ampere.

I heard 4 of them in an extra cab truck and wasn't overly impressed. He had them on an Ampere 2K in a Gately box. I think these 8's look pretty impressive. They've only been out about one year. These are the biggest 8's that AB makes (150 oz. magnets). They cost more than the VFL's, Amperes, and CT's. I got lucky and found them for $157 each.

Screenshot_20210324-214936_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...