Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

I just got on YouTube and it said my account was in danger of being hacked/compromised, so it gave me some security features 😳

That's all I need, is somebody hacking my YouTube and putting who knows what up there, like they did to my Facebook lol. Not sure what's exactly going on....I guess YouTube is on my side, in this case. Idk, you tell me, lol.

Anyways, I should have some more CNC box designs that I will share, soon. I need to see what I can share, as far as that subject goes. CNC work is super cool and fun, but you definitely have to invest in some great equipment to do this properly

@SlugButter - I may have some advice for you man, you can PM me. I've learned a little bit, I don't mind sharing some.

Getting there....

2 Massive Audio Hippo 15's in a flared ported box. Big flare :cool:

These flares look awesome with contrasting paint. You can put a logo or symbol or whatever on the flare, it looks good. We used to put some of my deer stickers on the flared part, just for fun.

I was researching horns some....lol

I’m not sure when this pic was taken, but I’m pretty sure this enclosure is human powered only 😂

It’s super cool. The patterns remain largely the same. I wonder what the response graph is on this bad boy?

I was researching horns some....lol

View attachment 30921

I’m not sure when this pic was taken, but I’m pretty sure this enclosure is human powered only 😂

It’s super cool. The patterns remain largely the same. I wonder what the response graph is on this bad boy?
A coworker swears by horn enclosures. I personally think it's the result of more time than money, but he's convinced horns are superior in every way but space requirement.

Have you heard of the Matterhorn?

A coworker swears by horn enclosures. I personally think it's the result of more time than money, but he's convinced horns are superior in every way but space requirement.

I’m actually sort of there myself, I get what he means.

No, I haven’t. You can post it in here if you want.

This is a box I designed for a single Sa-12 Classic (750w version). The owner had a JL-made 12w6 prefab box. So, our goal was to be a little louder overall, from what I remember. I'm going to show you the JL box, then our box we did together (along with his builder), and then what he said about the JL sub and box vs the Sa-12 sub and box:

JL 12w6 prefab. I really like JL, but come on, that's really just a ported box. That front angle there is not really doing that, not to any effect where it seems to realistically matter, IMO. Not to mention the 5/8" thick crappy looking wood and I don't like the port design in the box, at all. I really like JL, personally. Their equipment is awesome, IMO. The 12w6 is a little funky, I'm not wild about it's t/s parameters, personally. It's a little too soft or something. Anyways, not hating on JL, just this particular setup. Here's the JL:

Here's his box (so far, not beautified, yet):

Books looks pretty good and solid to me:

Here's directly what I was told:

"Hi,

Hope you're well! Just thought I'd give you a quick update to let you know that I've got a box built and all setup now! Photos attached. I measured it all as well to make sure it was definitely made to your design specs and it is.

So I gave it a sound test and I'm definitely impressed! It sounds just slightly louder than the HO112-W6v3 but at a fraction of the cost. A bit of tweaking on the lower ends with EQ and setting gains properly and I think I'll have it perfected!

It doesn't actually sound that different despite being louder (the sound quality is still as good as the W6v3, but my ears hurt if I have volume on max ). I was expecting it to be louder but lower sound quality, but actually it's really similar to the W6v3 but a little louder.

I'll get a video sent across soon. Many thanks for everything once again! Really appreciate all your hard work :)

Many thanks!"

So, that's that. HUGE shoutout to the Sundown Sa-12; thanks Sundown for making such an easy woofer to design for, seriously. These woofers are great; I hype the Sa's, especially the sa-8's, 10's and 12's, because they work. I'm a solo guy; I just recommend what I truly like and what I know works. The Sa-12 and Sa-12 Classic are some of the best ground pounder daily subs that you can buy, in that power range, IMO. They just always work and sound good and are loud.

Last edited:
Design I designed a little while ago. Here's a video!!!! The title of the video was just "25hz" when I got it, lol.

It's 2 Sundown X-12's. It looks loud. The song is LAF Remix, it sounds like it's slowed down pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...