Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Like, you guys don't know I've designed around 200-300 prefabs total for 4 different companies, including CT Sounds, who I did 12 designs for, I believe my designs are still up on their site, I haven't talked to the owner in a while, they've had to restructure themselves. Anyways, it's all out of love for sound. I'm a basshead through and through, it's engraved in my soul.

4 Orion HCCA 12's Ported in a very big SUV.

I'M DOING MY FIRST CNC BOX!!! WOOOOOOOT WOOOOTTTTTTTTTT

So excited, this saves us so much time. Can't give away the secret sauce, but I figured it out lol. Man, what relief. Next level is coming, as long as the country doesn't collapse before then.

I can actually make people cut sheets now, with the pieces of wood laid out as efficient as possible. I'll have to see if I could get that to work in reality. I have some fun play time with this stuff to be had yet.

This is an older design, back from 2015. This is one of the most unique 4th order bandpasses I have ever done. This box went into a Dodge Durango, and it was a rear firing 4th order, just like you'd have a ported box firing back in a typical SUV setup:

I've learned how to use my programs much better since then, haha, this was on my old laptop from years ago.

The guy who built this, he built it for someone else, a customer basically, and my builder of this box said it turned out really great. I was curious how it would play, due to the overall design, how "thin" the sealed chambers are. I was told it was one of the better sounding 4th orders that this dude had ever built. So, that felt good. Always fun to experiment; usually it comes from trying to fit a box that's hard to fit. You wind up doing some different looking stuff.

“Inductance

In electromagnetism and electronics, inductance is the tendency of an electrical conductor to oppose a change in the electric current flowing through it. The flow of electric current through a conductor creates a magnetic field around the conductor, whose strength depends on the magnitude of the current. A change in current causes a change in the magnetic field. From Faraday's law of induction, any change in magnetic field through a circuit induces an electromotive force in the conductors; this is known as electromagnetic induction. So the changing current induces a voltage in the conductor. This induced voltage is in a direction which tends to oppose the change in current, so it is called a back EMF. Due to this back EMF, a conductor's inductance opposes any increase or decrease in electric current through it.”

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...