Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

@Buck, I'll take a picture of the box for these tomorrow. It's pretty wicked. 6- Team Fi 18's with a Wolfram 9K on each one. It's in a Tahoe and it's not a wall. He already knows that the windshield is toast. He tinted the windshield to prevent getting hit from glass shards. I'm sure that you've built stuff like this and appreciate the workmanship.

20210311_192325.jpg
20210307_092158.jpg

Deaf Bonce 3012 Kerfed Ported box going in a trunk.

Deaf Bonce, please add more t/s information with your woofers.

View attachment 27183

View attachment 27184

I have some pics of this box being built. It's not quite done yet, but it's looking good to me. The owner of this design is the builder.

I don't believe the top is actually attached yet on this next pic. This woofer sure looks good. Look at the flush mount gap.

Attachments

• 1615867732062.jpeg
    1615867732062.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 126
I mean there has to be like 1/4" at the top of that flush mount. And it's with MDF it looks like, and the piece is kerfed on top of it also being a tight flush mount. Idk, stuff like that impresses me.

Does everyone else use a nail gun for the whole box as well?
I did for certain areas but I was unsure if the could handle the stress so I used screws for the most of it
Just where it was going to be seen (inside port wall meets the front wall) or I thought it would interrupt air flow (45's inside) did I use the nail gun.
I so need the dust system that guy has
I'm going to be cleaning up MDF dust for a month

I did for certain areas but I was unsure if the could handle the stress so I used screws for the most of it
Just where it was going to be seen (inside port wall meets the front wall) or I thought it would interrupt air flow (45's inside) did I use the nail gun.

I used 1-½" and 2" brad nails spaced roughly 1-½" apart, zero screws. Of course I also used titebond 2 and I siliconed the inside of the box for good measure. I wood puttied the nail heads and sprayed a bunch of clear after wet sanding between coats. A single 15" on 3K. I think using glue and nails to tack the box together and screws every 4-6" is the best practice though. Just pre-drill for your screws.

Screenshot_20200704-082106_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200912-105251_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200912-105251_Gallery.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 115
That's a nice finish on that box.
I own a few franchised fast food places so I used Titbond 3 because I have it around from work.
Its food safe for food contact surfaces.
I also used silicone on the inside and I predrilled and counter sunk the screws
The box is for 1 10 and all I have left to do is carpet it
It is one of Buck's designs so I will post pics when I'm finished
Sorry for jacking your thread Buck

I've done whole boxes with brad nails.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...