Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

2 DC M5 Level 5 12's ported in a trunk. Two 12's on 9000 watts for daily. These are good times for bassheads. The DC Level 5's and 6's are really just amazing woofers IMO. For the way that I listen to music, I'd buy those in a heart beat.

@Buck , just wondering if you have any experience with these subs? I'm think of installing a couple of them in my new car on a 2K amp tuned to about 33hz. The box will probably be around 1.6 cubes net after sub and port displacement.

Screenshot_20210309-131939_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210309-131853_Chrome.jpg

My #1 pet peeve when people contact me is when somebody wants me to reverse engineer a box for free or when somebody asks "hey, can you do better than this?", like they're trying to force me to give them a deal or something. Can't stand that. I don't design based around what others do, I just raw design.

Last edited:
I don't expect anything for free from people who are doing a box design for me. I even said if I decided to re-design that box I have now for a different hz I would be paying exactly what you normally charge for doing that.

I need about 18 beers after designing this one, haha jk. Got it done finally.

SoundQubed HDX418 Series 6th Order for a Pickup Cab. Tuned low, pretty low tuning. These subs, to my surprise, have a Fs of about 23 hz, which is surprising for it's 2kw power rating.

View attachment 26222

View attachment 26223

View attachment 26224

View attachment 26225

View attachment 26226

View attachment 26227

Got some build pics for this one. The roof is deadened and I'm told it's so loud that even though it's deadened, the roof is flexing so hard it's still making noise.

I know how difficult this one was to design, good work building this one. It's a skilled box build, for sure.

Box isn't completely finished, it's just finished structurally, making sure it plays and all.

That box is so ridiculously huge. It's basically a wall at that point. The port is literally right behind the driver's head.

You guys see why the front chamber port exit had to be pushed down lower than the top of the box? It's because of how close it was to the top of the cab plus how big the port is and how much power this whole setup is using or can use (8500w lol). I'm so glad to see this one put together, I spent a very long time on it. All the angles and the depth changes and the limited space, plus the fact that this is a 6th order for a giant soundqubed 4" coiled 18, made this a challenge. The right side of the box is removable so he can pull the sub out, if he ever blows it with all that power.

I don't think there's a whole lot of boxes out there that look like that one above does.

Buck, have you done a box for a 09-14 F-150 SuperCrew? Just curious as I have a couple ideas but not sure if I want to go with a 12 or some 8’s.

Thanks. I will likely go with a 12 since I have an unused SSA Icon and I’ll want to do a partial underseat and partial exposed box. I’ll be requesting your services soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...