Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe that the owner of Soundcubed is the son of the owner of DD.
I think you may be right, it used to something like that. I don't remember exactly though. Soundqubed and American Bass used to have the same woofers, idk if they still do. But back in the day, it seemed like AB and AQ were basically the same design style as DD, just cheaper versions, but still really good equipment.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
AQ/SQ owner is DD owners son I thought.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Any more info on this?
The sub seemingly did not like the ported section. We weren't sure exactly what was going on. The sub played fine in the box when the port and top sides were removed from the ported chamber. There may be something inherent to that sub's designed that makes it distort or something when placed in ported.

tng83

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 26, 2021
Ponchatoula, LA
The sub seemingly did not like the ported section. We weren't sure exactly what was going on. The sub played fine in the box when the port and top sides were removed from the ported chamber. There may be something inherent to that sub's designed that makes it distort or something when placed in ported.

I just came across 2 free RF R2 12s. Their website does have recommended specs for ported but I dunno if I trust it and nothing online at all for shallows in a BP. You think sealed vs standard ported would be a large dif for these like a more typical sub would be?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I just came across 2 free RF R2 12s. Their website does have recommended specs for ported but I dunno if I trust it and nothing online at all for shallows in a BP. You think sealed vs standard ported would be a large dif for these like a more typical sub would be?
Are the subs IB capable by chance? What's the Fs on the subs?

tng83

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 26, 2021
Ponchatoula, LA
Are the subs IB capable by chance? What's the Fs on the subs?

29 according to RFs site. Not sure i want to try it though. I may take my chances and use a small ported enclosure with minimal port area and forward fire. I could tuck it right close to my back seats since they have little excursion and false wall the trunk so you dont even know its there. Its just a 16 Altima I use for driving to work.

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
@Buck, you alright? Haven't seen a box from you in a while. I saw this box today. 4- Sundown ZV5 12's. The box was only 6.7 cubes before sub and port displacement. The subs are getting choked. The owner wants it fixed. He will probably only end up with three subs after this shit box get's tossed.
20210405_210645.jpg

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Yeah... my PS4 is my goto whe things dont work out too... JK.... Fuk designing, The simpering masses born on YT with Exo and D4s vids want to use a sealed sub, ported X3 on a 5K amp in a truck. Underseat no less. "i JUST WANNA BANG... LMAO"
I JuSt WaNt To MaKe ViDs...With a 3K amp no real upgrades no less (big3 only). Gtfo
It must be settings.... roflmao

And if you give your # out they blow up your phone becasuse ether they can't measure or want audio 101.
I do designs or used to. Maybe my hating on designng in this thread will scare up some biz for Buck. He can have it.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I've been really struggling with allergies lately. I'm very slow atm, gotta go to the doctor to probably no avail, like always. So idk how long this will last but my chronic health problems with my neurological and autoimmune system means when I get allergies, my whole body reacts. My head, gut, muscles, connective tissues. My sinuses are so swollen that it's pushing on my left eye and making my vision blurry. So these are the things I have to deal with that slow me down.

I plan to not ever stop designing unless I die basically, so as soon as this clears up where I can actually see and breathe and hear properly, I'll be right back on it.

Reactions: Clifff150

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Yeah... my PS4 is my goto whe things dont work out too... JK.... Fuk designing, The simpering masses born on YT with Exo and D4s vids want to use a sealed sub, ported X3 on a 5K amp in a truck. Underseat no less. "i JUST WANNA BANG... LMAO"
I JuSt WaNt To MaKe ViDs...With a 3K amp no real upgrades no less (big3 only). Gtfo
It must be settings.... roflmao

And if you give your # out they blow up your phone becasuse ether they can't measure or want audio 101.
I do designs or used to. Maybe my hating on designng in this thread will scare up some biz for Buck. He can have it.
It does get stressful sometimes. I genuinely like feeling the joy that a good design gives other people. Everybody has to start somewhere, you know? There's a lot of people who are awful at audio concepts but are really cool people and good at other things, I love designing for those kind of people. People have no idea how much I slave compared to what I charge to produce the designs that you see. Half of my time is teaching other people terms just so I can explain very basic things to them. Many people don't even know what frequency bass notes are. How low or high do you want to play? "Idk". Then I become the teacher, if I want that design and want to be an honorable businessman.

If you contact me and ask me if I can do better than some other design, you probably won't hear back from me. I put a ton of work into every design. I'll call the audio company if there's no specs on their subs. I've talked to many audio companies just to figure out how to do a box for some 6.5's or something, the same thing I'd do for a 25,000 watt wall. I feel like a lot of designers take advantage of audio-ignorant people who like to listen to bass, I can't do that. I'm not going to take an easy way to make money for me, just because you're new to audio or have a job where you can't study audio like I can. Not doing that.

The good news is that a lot of repeat customers I get are very respectful and we develop audio relationships and we further each other's understanding of audio. It's the same with box designing as anything else. I have a set of skills that many don't, at least not on the volume level that I have. When people recognize that, it helps a lot. I'm trying to get you what you want. The most beautiful thing for me is when I have people who love building and woodworking but aren't familiar with audio. I like to do crazy nuts beautiful or rare type designs, and we do them not because they are easy, but because they are hard. That's what the love is about.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Like @LsGuy, this dude has a passion for how he likes his audio, he's super fun to work with. There's some guys I've done over a dozen designs for. It's all for the love audio.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Buck I knew you were dealing with allergies a few days ago and I know you go through hell with them. My issue is if I didn't have to do groceries every month I would let you go crazy with the upcoming design like you want to,lol. But then again IDK if I feel like breaking any hatch locks,lol.

Shredder you were very easy to deal with and answered any questions I had that came up. I tried not to bother you when doing that TNT design as I knew you were busy. I can completely understand why you got out of it. I have friends that would only call me or msg when they wanted computer advice or for me to fix it for them or do a complete build from the ground up out of nowhere for free. When I would ask well what am I getting a case of beer? 50 Bucks? What? They would get pissy and say friends help friends...well duh and I do but when you don't talk to me for 2 years then want a big custom tower build I am going to want something! lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds