Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Theorizing if this would work for a home audio t-line setup for a 15. This one is modeled for a Fi IB3 15, tuned for Fs.

4 DD Redline 610's (10 inch) ported, firing forward in a trunk. One of those situations, we had enough cubic feet, just had to figure how to mount the subs. The two subs in the middle will be inverse mounted.

Also is it just me or for something like this one that they offer a 2.75" voice coil seems small?

I've literally had the exact same thought. They do have CCA coils which can help with heat. I'd imagine that they would have a good bit of cooling to help with the heat. I guess 2.75 isn't that much smaller than a 3". I can't imagine a sub with a coil that size having any more power handling than that. The length of the coil matters a ton too, when it comes to power handling. There's a big difference between something like an 8 layer coil vs. a long 4 layer coil.

Deaf Bonce should give more detailed t/s parameters. I need Mms, Qms, Qes at least. I would be hesitant to buy a woofer with that few of t/s parameters personally, even though they really seem like powerful woofers.

Who does Skar's t/s parameters? Something is just horrifically off. Something there is like double or half of what it's supposed to be. Idk if they took these t/s parameters with zero break in time, idk. I highly doubt that woofer's Fs is 51 hz. Rms is pretty high too and Cms is pretty low too. It may be a stiff sub but I really doubt it's THAT stiff with a 1500w rating.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...