broken fosgate rfx 9300

Participant count
  • Participant list

Space Monkey
10+ year member

GA
one of the metal strips on the harness that connects the faceplate to the cd player broke off, and after 2 soldering attempts its now ruined //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

is there a parts warehouse online that i can get a new harness from? or does anyone have a broken rfx series head unit they might want to part with? the warranty has expired and fosgate's gonna charge me $150 just to replace the harness. greedy bastards.

thanks

so the face plate just falls off? if you can line up the little plug-thingy for the face plate and get it plugged, just hold it there and run a piece of duct tape around the entire unit(front to back). not the prettiest of fixes, but we did it on a pioneer H/U that had the face plate ripped off(wan't detachable to start with). put the face plate on and ducky tape away. make sure you don't cover any buttons or any vital display area.

its not that, the faceplate attaches fine. its just the connectors that need to be replaced on the actual head unit. the little plastic piece with the little metal strips that power the faceplate. looks sorta like this:

|||||||||

|||||||||

Yea i know what your talking about but tht is like a memory thing or a main piece of the cd player so im guessing your gonna have to send it n or buy a new cd player

i found a broken 9200 on ebay. it might be close enough to the 9300 for me to strip it of some parts. if anyone needs parts off a 9200 fosgate cd player, just holler. cept the laser unit which i think is broke

later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.