Breaking in a sub? hwo the hell do you do that?

Breaking in a sub just means playing it at lower levels then you usually would play it @. Since the subs surrounds need time to strech, loosen, and basically get a lil bit of wear before playing them loudly...

some people say that there is a certain way to break in a sub but i figure as long as you dont crank it all the way up in the first 3 days the suspension should be worn in enough with out hurting it self. although if the manufacture specifys a way to break it in i would follow that

Originally posted by ryanmach1 I've broken in my ATV's and Cars but never knew you had to break in a sub woofer. I just bought JL 12W7's how do i break them in?
looks like you've gotten yourself an AWESOME sub.

About breaking in, some say you need it, some say you don't. Strange, but knowledgable people here say there's no need.

If you do insist ( and most would say there's no harm, which is true) then try to get the sub to play a certain frequency and reach xmax for a couple hours. Most don't do this, so they install the subs, and take things easy with the sub for a few days.

Originally posted by paikiah looks like you've gotten yourself an AWESOME sub.

About breaking in, some say you need it, some say you don't. Strange, but knowledgable people here say there's no need.

If you do insist ( and most would say there's no harm, which is true) then try to get the sub to play a certain frequency and reach xmax for a couple hours. Most don't do this, so they install the subs, and take things easy with the sub for a few days.
So breaking them in is not really necessary????

Originally posted by andy00018 So breaking them in is not really necessary????
some say they do, some say they don't.

manufacturers like kicker recommend breaking in periods. Adire's very own Jlaine disagrees. Says it's a crock of ****. I say do what you please. You're not gonna harm the sub by doing it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Take an hour or so and run some sine waves on it...it won't hurt it, and it'll make you feel a little better.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by 318iSPOLKMoMo arent u supposed to play a 0db sine note or somethin like that?
a "0 dB" or "0 hZ" is nothing. Those 2 zero's represent no sound or frequency.

A sine wave isn't a Hert or dB measure. You can play different freq's which will output dif. sine waves, but no such thing as a "0dB sine note".

Originally posted by more_spl a "0 dB" or "0 hZ" is nothing. Those 2 zero's represent no sound or frequency.

A sine wave isn't a Hert or dB measure. You can play different freq's which will output dif. sine waves, but no such thing as a "0dB sine note".

oh, but home audio preamps have 0dB volume at the end, which is VERY loud. In fact, I haven't even gone that far yet. But 0Hz or note, I guess is blank.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.