Break in period for subs

sure what ever you think dude.....your still stuck in the 90's mythology car audio world

Well, I learned this a lot in the early 2010’s, with my own ears, specifically with DD subs, specifically with 9500’s.

So I get absolutely zero f*cking credit for saying most woofers probably don’t need it? Are you at least going to f*cking give me credit for that and stop unfairly putting me in that context? That’d be really nice, it’d be called honesty.

Last edited:
Can people like actually read entire sentences and paragraphs anymore, or does their ****** bleed immediately when they see 1 thing they don’t like, and that 1 thing is attributed to you ENTIRE audio knowledge.

How many g*ddman times do I have to say most subs probably don’t need a break in before you clowns learn how to read and stop acting like I’m saying every sub ever should be broken in? This BS is why the world is dying right now, because nobody can actually do sh*t. It’s serious retardation and it’s because people are just turning vicious inside. It’s so toxic and just not correct frankly. It’s essentially like lying about me.

My answer to this is that if you have to ask about break in, I’d say maybe test it out for yourself. Some woofers I’ve seen it make a difference, others not. Idk why everybody makes such a c*nty deal out of this.

More namecalling and some bizarre ranting
Why do you always resort to this sort of behavior when challenged to prove a claim you made?

Back on page 1 you claimed that DD subs get "significantly louder" after some months of "break in" and you claimed that the glue between spider and landing will fail if someone neglect some "break in" process. If either of these claims are true post up some evidence. And you thinking something sounds louder today than it did 2 months ago is absolutely not quantifiable evidence.

I still break my subs in.. Its by Choice as it should be by all. Same as placing a certain amount of power on speakers and subs. I stay within the RMS range. Others may go beyond. Thats theyre choice,. Limitations are limitations..Ive even had failures within RMS values/ out of clipping range or dirty distortion range.

And my idea of break in is I'm just gonna wire them different to make ohms go up which will inturn as we all know make Amp less powerful unless it's a smart 3 lol

You can turn the gain down or even turn down the subwoofer output level on the head unit.

I see people thinking they need to wire higher to get less power all the time.

Based on this and your other posts I'd bet my life you've never seen the inside of an engine, never bought a new car, and never installed any seal on anything.
I agree with sloride? Holy **** I need that experimental vaccine asap!

@mat3833 you talk like $65k is a lot for commercial equipment and it makes you more credible. I operated a $3m radar when i was in the service... what do i win?

You can turn the gain down or even turn down the subwoofer output level on the head unit.

I see people thinking they need to wire higher to get less power all the time.
Amen. A lot easier to adjust gain than to pull out your drivers and rewire. But whenever i mention that, i get the morons saying "gain isnt volume knob".

I agree with sloride? Holy **** I need that experimental vaccine asap!

@mat3833 you talk like $65k is a lot for commercial equipment and it makes you more credible. I operated a $3m radar when i was in the service... what do i win?

I'm not going for credibility. I'm not trying to win an argument, simply make my point and be understood. You got me beat with "operating" a 3 million dollar radar, the most expensive machine I operate is roughly 750k. But I'm not an operator, I'm the maintenance guy for all the machines. Commercial equipment is ment to be as easy as possible to operate, so operating a $3m isn't impressive either.

You were in the service, so you get my thanks regardless. You want some cookies? My wife bakes a mean peanut butter cookie I can send a batch your way.

Matt

Why do you always resort to this sort of behavior when challenged to prove a claim you made?

Back on page 1 you claimed that DD subs get "significantly louder" after some months of "break in" and you claimed that the glue between spider and landing will fail if someone neglect some "break in" process. If either of these claims are true post up some evidence. And you thinking something sounds louder today than it did 2 months ago is absolutely not quantifiable evidence.

I have seen and heard all of those things happen. It’s not a guarantee. If you could read, then you would see my position. You just want to argue.

It’s not thinking, it’s knowing, you’re just an ass. I have very good ears for audio. I can hear very distinct differences. Not to mention, you can clearly tell when a sub starts hitting notes permanently where it didn’t before after a certain amount of playing, sometimes that is over months, for daily users. Not everybody plays music every day, sometimes for a sub like a DD 9500, it has taken months and it’s very clear and many, many people have experienced that. You don’t have the knowledge of what other people can hear, you f*cktard. How dense are you? Do you have telepathy? Let me know if you do, then I’ll believe you know how my ears and everybody else’s ears in the world work. Because that’s what you’re saying. You’re telling me not to believe my ears. Like how’s that working out for you? Is that ever going to workout, do you think? Will you just go ahead and call everybody who’s heard different noises than you an idiot, please? Let’s just get that out of the way. I’ll say it for you, if you won’t.

I have seen spiders lift straight off spider landings on brand new woofers. Like not part of it, I’ve seen the whole spider pop off at once. That’s happens for a multitude of reasons, and I know that having a stiff spider sometimes is 100% a contribution factor to that issue. It doesn’t matter WHY it happens, it matter if you can avoid it and knowing when and how. It’s not as simple as just stiffness, but it’s a contributing factor.

Sorry that I’m too busy working and concentrating on money and my performance as a worker to video record my entire life, just so I can prove my experiences to you. I don’t owe you evidence for my opinion. This is a lot of experience, over many years. The above paragraph doesn’t happen very often, but if it does, you’d want to possibly be able to avoid it.

My answer is: figure out break-in or not for yourself, and make sure you have fun doing it. I had fun learning about it, even if I do essentially get called retarded for having real life experiences 😂

I mean how ludicrous is this conversation, really? I’ll put on my bib and my diaper, and you can spoon feed me, how about that?

I’m done, that’s my answers. You can pick it apart until whenever you want. Sorry for sharing my actual life experiences 💩

@Buck....Dude honestly your kinda getting annoying, i can build sub enclosure this, sub box that, i have golden ears, i know all goverment secrets, i know how all electronics work...ect ect, maybe you should start your own forum

Hmmm. Ok. Sounds like you have a personal problem. Not sure what this has to do with break ins. My gov comment was pure sarcasm, lol. I’m just not going to be told my experiences aren’t real. That’s just not fair to an individual.

If you’d like to see less of me, why don’t you quit calling me out? You obviously want more if you call me out, but I’m done. I don’t hate anybody, I’m just sharing what I know. You make your own conclusions, and I pay to be a vendor on here. I’m not malicious at all. If people don’t like someone, why continue to talk to them? I just don’t want to argue about this topic anymore, it’s going nowhere. Hope your bass sounds good no matter which way you play it.

I have seen spiders lift straight off spider landings on brand new woofers.
That is 100% a manufacturing defect if that separates in 5 minutes or 5 years regardless of what you're doing with it. I've personally only had that sort of failure on subs I've built with old/expired glue. When built correctly with fresh glue that should require a chisel to get apart and then an angle grinder to clean the glue off the landing. Notice that when Sundown had the first gen X subs fail at the surround to frame joint they just sorted their **** out with their build house in China and made good on replacing all the defective subs that failed.

Again, words words words and no data. None of what you posted is doing anything to further anybody's understanding of this topic, you're only helping perpetuate industry myths and snake oil.

I mean how ludicrous is this conversation, really?
It pretty well jumped the shark when you implied you can hear the difference in how loud something is today over what it was a couple months ago.

I’m too busy
But not too busy to reply to this thread 30 times, just too busy to reply with any data to back up your claims.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...