Break in period for subs

Just designed for a box another customer, this makes box design like 110 this year. Designed it for these subs. Pointing out a manual shouldn’t cause @hispls’s massive c*nt to bleed. That’s the only reason I saw this, *sshole, is because I’m designing a box for these subs. I shared it so other people could make their own choice. Why don’t you get off my d*ck?

I see your making friends again. I guess I'm not the only one that you call names. Too funny!

I see your making friends again. I guess I'm not the only one that you call names. Too funny!

I personally like @hispls, actually, he knows a lot of stuff. I just don't get why he's so rude when he disagrees, and why he acts like it's personal. If we want to further our discussion and therefore larger understanding of audio, then we gotta be respectful. It's hard for me to be calm when every time I post something in this thread, I get somewhat personally poked at. I'm not sure why; with my designing work, I treat my customers well. I don't screw anybody over, that's just not who I am, and not what I'm trying to do here. I'm not trying to prove anything necessarily, especially with the last post of mine about the manual. I was just showing people that there might be manufacturer consequences for not following manufacturer recommendations or rules for their subs. I don't make their rules; I was simply designing a box for a customer, and was studying the woofer, like I always do, and happened to see that at the bottom. So, if the dude who's box I just designed, if he asked me what to do, I'd say you probably want to follow your manual, that way the manufacturer can't use the break in against you, if something happens to the subs.

So, I just post the manual up and say "follow manufacturer". In this case, it doesn't matter if break in is real or effective or not. The point of my Rampage-manual post wasn't to prove or disprove break in, which if @hispls didn't have something to prove or whatever, he wouldn't have been so rude to me for just posting that. What matters, sometimes, is that you don't cost yourself money by doing simple things, like following manufacturer recommendations, especially when it's something that's so relatively minor of a thing to do. The response to my post there just really didn't match what I was saying. People looking for beef when I'm just sharing what I've seen as a long time box designer. I don't get that. Maybe it's because I don't compete, idk. I think competing is fun too, don't get me wrong. It's just stupid to treat people like that. This isn't a Thunderdome thread. I'm sharing real info from companies here. Me talking crap to you is where I'm supposed to, in the Thunderdome. Not in the actual audio parts. I just don't like people trying to twist me up like has been done here.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...