Box too small?

Participant count
  • Participant list
4ft3 Skar box?.. on a 2k amp/1 ohm?.. at your load assuming ALL other factors are taken care of I'd do something along these lines in my Suv.
siHVe4.jpg

I'd be willing to bet that Skarfab you got is just a bit smaller than this.

4ft3 Skar box?.. on a 2k amp/1 ohm?.. at your load assuming ALL other factors are taken care of I'd do something along these lines in my Suv.
siHVe4.jpg

I'd be willing to bet that Skarfab you got is just a bit smaller than this.
It is a Skarfab...4cf. That's before .3cf speaker displacement for two DDX's. Is that 4.95ft3 before putting the speakers and port in?

This box?

I'm not sure it's TOO small, to the point it would cause mechanical problems. How big is the port though? It looks way undersized -- and too long if it's as small as it looks. Maybe 2" x 12.5? Does it go to the back of the box and turn back a couple more inches?

Maybe I'm just seeing the photos wrong :unsure:

When building a box, do I use the whole internal volume of the box to determine the port length? If I have a box that's 6.5cf inside the 4 walls, do I use that when using these port length calculators. If not how would I determine the port length? Thank You.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.