Slot ported Enclosure design for 13w7

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crsracing

CarAudio.com Newbie
Swapped my gf's 10w6's for a 13w7 but the box it was in won't fit in her trunk so now I get to build a new one. No loss as it was just a prefab anyways. I have been researching for the past few days but answers are all over the place so I thought I would see if anyone is kind enough to provide some specific advice. Jl recommends 2.375 net tuned to 30 hz but it is my understanding a higher tuning frequency gets louder and low to mid 30's is a good compromise. Also that jl undersizes there boxes and the 13w7 specifically models well in a larger box she wants to get every bit of output she can out of it with keeping it musical/ sounding good so basically sql although I know some of you dont like that term. Reason she ditched the 10's was they didn't get loud enough although they sounded great (10w6v2 sealed @ 1 cube each gross)

Car 2013 328i 2 door

Placement behind rear seats facing forward (she prefers it that way) will probably try a "baffle" to experiment with stopping reflection cancelation

Box size due to the small trunk lid it's hard to fit a tall box (problem with the old one) so limited to about 15 tall preferably 14.5 to be safe width about 27.5 depth can be what ever is needed

T/s parameters
free Air Resonance (fs): 23.5 Hz Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.476 Mechanical“Q”(Qms): 7.517 Total Speaker“Q” (Qts): 0.448 Equivalent compliance (Vas): 3.68 cu. ft. (104.3 ltrs) One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 1.25 in. (32 mm) Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 1500 Watts Continuous Reference Efficiency (no): 0.269 % Efficiency (SPL @ 1W/1m): 86.3 dB Dc Resistance (Re): 2.41Ω Effective Piston Area (Sd): 107.35 sq. in. (0.0693 sq. m) Nominal Impedance (Znom): Dual 1.5Ω

Power currently a jl audio hd1200.1 but it has no subsonic so I will have to figure something out for that.

Would love to hear all your thoughts/recommendations this will be the first box I build but I'm not new to woodworking. I also have winisd and even though I'm new to it and still learning I'm going to come up with my own ideas and see how it compares to what you all think.

Does the ski pass still function in that 328? Why not build a 4th... if you got 1200 clean and are wanting still... idk
But a 4th done correctly... expect a sealed rolloff... /w/ an ass that don't rattle that extends response... real talk.
A single 13w7 sounds about right for that in a ski-pass 4th... 🤷‍♂️

With the 13w7 in a 2.375 cu ft box tuned @ 35 hz tossed in the back seat on the way home from picking it up it already sounded like way more then her 10's it has more cone area and over double the xmax. Add in the gain of going ported and I think it will be plenty. But how does the output from a 4th compare to ported ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.