Box rise

youdoofus

Skibidi
Ok, so something just occurred to me while watching a video by exo (he did a q&a session), and that is regarding box rise. Ok, so I had some understanding about what it was in the first place, but didn't think I had to really worry about it until I thought about how it occurs. My box is sealed and I'm running about 800 watts to each sub ,what I believe to be a tad conservative of an estimate, when I'm using the sq2200.1. Those of you who have seen my posts about my amplifier woes, will know that it's been back to sq a number of times for a blown this or that and has cost me some time, money and frustration. That being said, is the sealed aspect of my box causing undue box rise at that wattage?

Secondary completely unrelated thought, who thinks they have the fastest soldering gun in the west aka have any of you guys done the wiring harness challenge?

Sealed boxes/enclosures have no box rise.....I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

I mistakenly wired a MTX 81000D amp to 2 15w3 subs to 1 ohm and didn't even hiccup, or get warm.

Sealed boxes/enclosures have no box rise.....I think, correct me if I'm wrong.
I mistakenly wired a MTX 81000D amp to 2 15w3 subs to 1 ohm and didn't even hiccup, or get warm.
yeah idk where but i read it was mainly a ported box issue., maybe because subs move more..

Thanks guys, I was thinking it would have rise from the inherent resistance caused by the sealed enclosure i.e. the more xmax, the more the box is going to resist the change in pressure causing the rise

tell that to the people with horrible rise and meters low with weak scores and good equipment at all the comps i've been to. A good box design will have little rise and high efficiency/output. A bad design will have a lot of rise and weak output.
...moreso trial and error with a lot of data collection versus just good vs bad design

i wish it were as easy as "do this and get this result" when it comes to rise lol too many variables

...moreso trial and error with a lot of data collection versus just good vs bad design
i wish it were as easy as "do this and get this result" when it comes to rise lol too many variables
yeah people running 5k clamped classes only clamping 1400 watts with their reputable 5k amp clipped and not doing high numbers with proper electrical. pretty embarassing. With a different box designed by someone who knew what they were doing they were clamping 2.8k afterwards with a much higher db score. Nothing changed but the box design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.