box for zv3 with warden softparts

Participant count
  • Participant list
And as for displacements I'm not really sure, I built my box big for a tiny massive cw12 and now I need to rebuild it, Accounting for a double baffle, I have 4cf. How much displacement should I account for the port, sub, and bracing? I was thinking .35 but then after thinking about it I'm assuming it would be higher?

how can you just use tape?
Yea, probably. I don't see why duct-tape wouldn't work unless it would stretch/flex too much and not do anything.

Holy cow lol I went away for a couple hours and this thread blew up! Anyways, I could make an inch or two come out of the box if that would help it any? I'm putting a bunch of circle cutouts together, and gonna fiberglass them so i can make the flare as little or big as I should
External aeroports are fine. That's what I've done in the past.

And as for displacements I'm not really sure, I built my box big for a tiny massive cw12 and now I need to rebuild it, Accounting for a double baffle, I have 4cf. How much displacement should I account for the port, sub, and bracing? I was thinking .35 but then after thinking about it I'm assuming it would be higher?
If you do an external port, it will have no displacement.

so out of curiosity i always see people say you "must be flared"... why is this? i have done alot of builds and not flared it. I know plenty of other poeple and competitors dont flare thier round ports all the time. I have flared my ports in the last 4 builds ive done and they still did great. I even tested 2 of 4 builds flare vs not before i sold them and the only real difference i seen was like 1 10th on the meter. All of my dimensions specs and tuning were still spot on with the aeroport calc's
Im not saying its not "the right way", i just dont understand the whole must be flared.
This is generally because people are trying to use too little port area in too small of a volume and port turbulence will become more of an issue.

The bigger the pipe, the more expensive it is too. It's all about the size of your driver and port area to cube ratio. T/S parameters also come into play. Do you want a narrow bandwidth that's really loud or a wide flat response?

The bigger the pipe, the more expensive it is too. It's all about the size of your driver and port area to cube ratio. T/S parameters also come into play. Do you want a narrow bandwidth that's really loud or a wide flat response?
Basically I want to play from 27-38 with authority. Is that a narrow bandwidth lol? And is there a way to get my t/s parameters even though its rebuilt with different soft parts

Yeah I've been spending WAY too much money between car audio, school, and the dentist lol send it to me to test it out for you if you decide to get it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This is generally because people are trying to use too little port area in too small of a volume and port turbulence will become more of an issue.
i see.... i think im pretty good, mines 7.5" port and have like 10.77 per cube and box is 4.1 cubes

Basically I want to play from 27-38 with authority. Is that a narrow bandwidth lol? And is there a way to get my t/s parameters even though its rebuilt with different soft parts
Unless you have a tester for TSP, then no, you are just gonna eyeball and experiment. That is a very narrow range, I'm pretty sure you are gonna get more response up to 50hz at least up top. To narrow the range, you will want a bigger box more port area and tuned around 28hz. However its not possible with your box specs so you will have to deal with extra bandwidth and use a low pass filter to filter out the freqs you dont like.

Basically I want to play from 27-38
A7ifEzvCIAACrz2.jpg

Actual music doesn't even begin below 40hz unless you're listening to pipe organ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.