Electrical upgrade advice...

Participant count
  • Participant list

els1989

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Vehicle in question is 04 GMC Sierra stock alt. knu 1/0 big 3 and single run to amp... Amp is orion xtr 2200 batt is xs power d3100 or 3400 can't remember picking truck up tomorrow from having tranny rebuilt

Had amp running 2 ohm around 1500rms par Orion's claims... Was getting some serious voltage drop even at speeds... Now those subs are gone with 2in seat lift soon to go in(if machinist has them done yet) gonna have stang custom build box for 2 sundown x 8's with Baltic and a etched plexi lid or side... intentions of running 1 ohm...

Thoughts of dcpower alt, or second battery probably both... Maybe even dual alt... But I don't think that would be necessary... Thinking of adding just a twin batt in the front somewhere, not sure exactly where to locate it or where to find a mount set up, also upgrade to spi 320 I believe idle amp at 240 and 220 hot...

How much power could this setup handle? Any alternative ideas? Also retune my amp with my dd1 and possibly loose the remote knob.... Seemed glitchy would go from little bass all the way down to partial turn let's say 45 degree turn to crazy loud difference

Helpful advice apreciated

c35d3d37adb42c0e947880f0bd38847a.jpg
b7ec4c2fb005d8b184c367528ba18dce.jpg
5e5f37ba1c3fe644e9f19d198a0136f1.jpg
5f208c033aafffa2b2d927f75ae9b7a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, one alt should be fine.

If you park and pound a lot, get a hairpin, because they produce more power at idle than conventional. If you listen while driving most of the time, a conventional is fine

So I'm not crazy for just running one batt. Lol a co worker was trying to tell me idk what I'm doing because I'm only running one battery lol I'm only running 2.2-2.5k rms now if I was running 3.5-5 k rms and still trying to run battery I would agree with his statement .. He's my supervisor and his so called amazing system he had was powered by a hifonics

If I add a second battery even if it was a lower powered one but still a xs so the resting voltage stays the same wouldn't that take a load off of the alternator or will the alt still be worked as hard?... If I'm gonna buy a 8hundo alt want it to have a long life

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.